53: You Never Left

Jeonghan and Seungcheol sat in the sleek black car parked across the courthouse, watching quietly as Soonyoung and Jihoon embraced outside. The air in the car was filled with a gentle tension, the weight of the moment hanging between them. Jeonghan had his arms crossed, leaning slightly against the door as he watched the scene unfold.

A soft smile curved on Jeonghan's lips as he observed the emotional reunion between Soonyoung and Jihoon. He knew how much both of them had been through—how many scars they had endured, both visible and hidden. Seeing them now, together again, brought a sense of warmth and peace to his heart.

"They both deserve a second chance," Jeonghan said softly, almost to himself, though he knew Seungcheol was listening. "Everyone does."

Seungcheol, sitting behind the wheel, glanced over at Jeonghan. He was silent for a moment, watching the tenderness in his partner's gaze. "You always say that," Seungcheol replied, his voice gruff but not unkind.

"Because it's true," Jeonghan answered, turning his head to look at Seungcheol. "We've all made mistakes. You, me, them. But that doesn't mean we can't change. Doesn't mean we can't try again."

Seungcheol let out a low sigh, leaning back in his seat. "You make it sound so simple."

Jeonghan chuckled softly, his smile widening as he shook his head. "It's not simple, Cheol. Nothing about love, forgiveness, or second chances is ever simple. But it's worth it."

Seungcheol raised an eyebrow, his lips twitching into a slight smirk. "You always have to be the wise one, don't you?"

Jeonghan leaned closer, his eyes sparkling with amusement. "Well, someone has to be, right? You're the one who rushes into things without thinking."

Seungcheol scoffed, though there was no real bite in his voice. "I don't rush into things. I just... act."

Jeonghan laughed, a soft, melodic sound that filled the car. "Right, acting without thinking. That's what we call it now?"

Seungcheol rolled his eyes, a playful grin tugging at his lips. "Keep talking, Hannie. One day, I'll surprise you with just how much I think."

Jeonghan's gaze softened as he looked at Seungcheol, the lightness in their banter giving way to something deeper. "You surprise me every day, Cheol," he said quietly, his voice tender. "And that's why I love you."

Seungcheol's smirk faded into something softer, more genuine. He reached out, gently cupping Jeonghan's cheek with his hand. "I love you too," he murmured, his thumb brushing lightly across Jeonghan's skin.

Jeonghan leaned into the touch, his heart swelling with warmth. He felt a familiar flutter in his chest, the kind that always came when Seungcheol looked at him like this—like he was the only person in the world that mattered.

"You're impossible, you know that?" Seungcheol muttered, his voice low and affectionate.

"And you love it," Jeonghan shot back, a teasing glint in his eyes.

Seungcheol rolled his eyes again, but before he could respond with a witty comeback, Jeonghan closed the distance between them. Their lips met in a soft, lingering kiss, one that was filled with the ease and comfort of years spent loving one another.

The world outside the car faded away. The hustle and bustle of the courthouse, the noise of the city—it all disappeared as they kissed, their hearts beating in time with one another.

When they finally pulled apart, their foreheads rested together, their breaths mingling in the small space between them.

"I love you," Jeonghan whispered again, his fingers curling around Seungcheol's collar.