❝CHAPTER FORTY-FIVE❞

▌𝐂𝐡𝐚𝐩𝐭𝐞𝐫 𝐅𝐨𝐫𝐭𝐲-𝐅𝐢𝐯𝐞 ━︎━︎ 𝐅𝐫𝐚𝐦𝐞𝐝 ▌

━︎━︎━︎━︎𝐓𝐇𝐄𝐘 𝐖𝐄𝐑𝐄 𝐒𝐈𝐓𝐓𝐈𝐍𝐆 in a car, driving somewhere they didn't know about. A government owned building, that was about all Olivia knew. Olivia, Allison, and Sam were sitting in the back with Sam sitting in between the two sisters. In the seats in front of them sat Steve and T'Challa. There was a silence that echoed in the air and Sam took it upon himself to break it. "So, you like cats."

     Allison allowed an amused smirk to crawl on her face while Olivia pressed her lips into thin line to keep herself from smiling. "Sam," Steve warned.

     Sam looked at him. "What? Dude shows up dressed like a cat, you don't wanna know more?"

     Steve paused. "Your suit. . . it's vibranium?"

     T'Challa spared him a glance. "The Black Panther has been the protector of Wakanda for generations. A mantle, passed from warrior to warrior. And now, because your friend murdered my father. . . I also wear the mantle of King. So I ask you. . . as both warrior and King. . . how long do you think you can keep your friend safe from me?"

     Allison glared at the King. "It wasn't him." He ignored her.

     They were brought to their destination, stepping out of the car and coming to a stop when they saw Bucky who had been placed inside of a see through cell, one which they were currently moving to an even more secure place inside the building. "What's gonna happen to him?" Steve asked, walking towards a man with greying hair. Sharon Carter was standing beside of him.

     "Same thing that ought to happen to you." Everett Ross said. "Psychological evaluation and extradition."

     "This is Everett Ross," Sharon introduced, "deputy task force commander."

     "What about a lawyer?" Steve asked.

     Ross smiled. "Lawyer. That's funny. See their weapons are placed in lockup. We'll write you a receipt."

     "I better not look out the window and see anybody flying around in that," Sam warned.

    Ross looked at the Jade siblings, giving one of his men a nod. Suddenly, he walked towards Olivia and Allison, placing cuffs on both of their wrist. "What the hell?" Olivia snarled.

     "Just precautions." Ross assured with a false smile. He began walking away and Olivia and Allison exchanged a look with each other before forcing themselves to follow after him. Ross led the group of five. "You'll be provided with an office instead of a cell. Now, do me a favor, stay in it?"

     "I don't intend on going anywhere," T'Challa claimed. Allison rolled her eyes.

     That's when Natasha joined them. "For the record, this is what making things worse looks like."