Chapter 6.

Sorry for slow updates, I'm at camp.

+Meredith's POV+

"What movie are you in the mood for?" James ask as he sits next to me on his bed while searching through his Netflix on his laptop.

"I'm not sure, you can pick." I laugh handing him his laptop.

"Okay, how about a comedy?" He asks just before I nod my head in response to his question. "David texted me saying he'll be back in half an hour."

"Okay, you've already met my temporary roommate." I say as he picks a movie. Subconsciously, I move closer to hi to see the screen.

Only about fifteen minutes in, my phone goes off snapping me out of the daze I was in from the movie. James, kindly, pauses the movie so I can answer. Being the person I am, I answer without looking at the caller ID and immediately regret it when I hear who's voice it is.

"Meredith," Ed huffs out of breath. "can you please meet me somewhere. I just need the chance to talk things out with you."

"No, Ed. You lost that chance when I walked in to OUR house to find you there with Jasmine." I say trying to sound confident, but only sounding weak and broken.

"I'm so sorry, Meredith. I can't explain how much I love you." He says with the panic sure in his tone. I wish I could say that I have no sympathy for him right now. I know he made a mistake and he's hurting, I know he loves me, I know he isn't usually like that. But if everybody forgave very one that easily, no one would learn lessons.

"Do you want me to talk to him?" James whispers gently to me. I shake my head as a no, but can't manage to hold back the large amount of tears.

"Listen, Ed. I love you to but that was so unforgivable-" I try to say but my son cuts off my sentence. I can't do this anymore. I hang up the phone before he could speak up again.

"Are you okay?" James asks before I lean into him to cry. My tears are most likely staining his shirt, but at this point, I don't care. I just need someone and he's here for me.

It hurts so much to get cheated on, especially when it's not even the first time. Why do people do this to other people? I was there for him, he could have stayed and I would have helped him every step of the way, like he would for me. I love him. "I'm so sorry, James. I wish I just never met him."

"You don't mean that." He assures rubbing circles on my back like Ed used to when I was upset. "If you never met him, you wouldn't have met me or your other friend in England. You wouldn't have this amazing job, or have ever been to England. You wouldn't have experienced love." He finishes off making me sniffle and wipe my nose. "I should bring you home." He says holding his hand out to me. "We can hang out another time?"

"Yes, for sure. Thank you." I say taking his hand and leaving his dorm. We didn't even get to do anything together. I didn't even get to meet David. But for now, I just want to be in bed with ice cream and Jack. At least James has let me realize all the good things that came out of being with Ed.

********************************
(Two days later)

"I forgot to pack you lunch!" Jack yells as I get out of the car. He drove me to my first day at the new job. Well, it's the same job really, just a different place.

"It's fine Jackiepoo. Pick me up at three, that's after my last class." I say giving him a little smile before walking off into the studio. The front desk lady already seems friendly as she calls me over.

"Hi dear, I'm Janise. How can I help?" She asks sounding like Shannon. Her southern accent is obvious and the smile on her face looks warming.

"I'm Meredith Jane." I say happily. Any life issues shouldn't have to follow me to work.

"Ah, Meredith. just go down that hall and its your fourth door to the left." She says pointing out the hall to me. I wave her off while walking over to the room and opening the door. It's not as amazing as the one in London just because the windows only show a busy sidewalk rather than the amazing view of London. Today's going to be a long day.

About half way through my classes, the front desk lady, Janise, calls in. I answer since all the kids are on break. "Mrs.Jane. You have a visitor." Her voice rings though the phone.

"Send them in." I say excitedly thinking its Jack. Only moments later the door behind me opens.

After putting my bag back down I turn around to see someone I defiantly wasn't expecting. Ed Sheeran.

"What are you doing here?" I squeak out pushing myself as far from the door, where he stands, as I possibly can.

"I just need ten minutes, please."

"Fine, but only ten." I huff out. Another thing to ruin my great day.

*******************************
Answer: Help you fall asleep tonight.

<<Ed Trivia>>
Which does Ed prefer?
-Coffee
-Tea
-Soda
-Lemonade
********************************
Love you all. -Hadleyxx