Chapter 20.

+Meredith's POV+

"Mere, honey. Wake up." I hear a soft voice say as my head gets nudged. Opening my eyes, I see my head was on Ed's shoulder. "You slept so long. We're above London now, just about twenty minuets until we land." He says making me nod. I'm glad I slept through that ride, I'm still not very keen on air travel.

"Do you think Graham missed me?" I ask quietly whipping my eyes. I'm in that kind of mood where I'm just tired and everything I see and think feels like I'm living in an endless dream.

"Of course he missed you, I also have a little surprise for you when we get home."

"Hello passengers, this is your pilot speaking. We'll be starting our descent now, please fasten your seatbelts, put your trays up, and don't leave your seats. Have a nice evening in London and thank you for choosing JetBlue airlines." The mans deep, tired voice says through the planes speakers making me slightly nervous. I've always hated the feeling in the pit of my stomach when a plane lands. I can never know if, when the wheels hit the ground, it'll be okay or not.

Just as the plane undergoes turbulence and loud noises making my ears pop, Ed's hand wraps tightly around mine on the armrest in between the two of our seats making my mind wander from my fear for a minute and just think about laying in bed with Ed, one leg draped around his hip, the other tangled in with his legs, the quiet sound of his rhythmic heartbeat playing on repeat, the lavender smell of our duvet. It all fits in perfectly, almost like a puzzle.

The puzzle of him and I might not have been easy to sold, but I guess right now, it's going well. Now, I just need to find the next piece.

Just as the wheels hit the ground making the plane shake, I snap back into reality. In no time, we're pulling into the stop and the tunnel is connecting to the side of the plane so we may exit. Grabbing my carry-on, I open the cupboard above and pull out my other bag along with Ed's, and hand it to him. I race off the plane far before Ed, so I wait for him to meet me by the exit.

Through the window, I see it's clearly late at night. Checking my phone, it reads 8:17PM (20:17).

As Ed joins me, I take a long moment to look at the amazing airport once more. Last time I was here, I didn't have much time to admire the absolute beautiful of it all, but the first time I came, I loved it just as much as I do right now. And, I know it sounds quite stupid, but the smell of London, just as I remembered it, brings back a feeling that I forgot I was able to have.

As I stare up at the walls, detailed in patterns, paintings, and flags, Ed's arms snake around me and he kisses me on the cheek before whispering, "we're home."

--------------------------

The first foot I step in the door of our cozy amazing apartment, I have to hold back tears. I never knew I could miss a place that I didn't even know I wanted to be until a year ago. Before Ed, I wanted to spend my life in the sunny shores of California; now that I have Ed, however, I just crave the feeling of London. It's so unique with it's old streets, then just one block over, a street as new and modern as any other big city.

Even the people. I'm starting to think that I'm basically a Brit, but born and raised in America... if that somehow makes sense.

Without a look back, I bolt up the stairs and into our room, dropping my bags by our closet before turning around to look at the bed that I've missed so much. "Teddy?!"

"Yes, honey?!" I hear him yell in reply as I stare at what I guess was his 'surprise'.

"Why is there a dog on our bed?!" I yell back making him laugh and join me in our room. I have to admit, the dog is adorable. It's about medium in size with an all black coat of fur, except for a white dot just above its left eye.

"Well..." He says turning to me, I wrap my arms around him slightly as he speaks. "my grandma, she's too old to take car of him now because he's really hyper, so I volunteered to take him in."

"Okay, I'm always up for more pets. When did this happen though?" I ask, he's been chasing me down in California for most of the time that I've been gone, so I'm just a little confused.

"About three, maybe four days after you left. Jade and Oliver have been taking care of him and Graham."

"What's his name?" I ask releasing Ed so I can sit on the bed. Right away, Graham jumps up from him cuddled position on our bed to come to me. He sits on my lap and begins to purr making me smile. He really did miss me.

"His name is Flash, he's a really big cuddler." Ed says as I lay down and pet Flash on the head. He pushes his head further into my hand to get pet more making me laugh just a little. After a good amount of playing with the animals, both Ed and I get into our pajama's and go back to bed.

This is what I've been waiting for, just to be in his arms while laying in the most comfortable bed ever. Just like Teddy said earlier, "I'm home."

-------------------------

Sorry for the long wait!!!! It's been such a stressful week. My English teacher is being rude, I've been doing a lot of fundraisers for something special to me, and there's been way too much drama to handle.

Question: What's Ed's favorite city to visit (other than London).

Love you all.  -Hadleyxx