Chapter 31.

A/N It's Spring and it's already 97 F? I live in New Hampshire so usually it takes until at least summer to do that, this is weird.

Meredith's POV

"Ed proposed?!" I hear Jade yell over the phone the very second I answer it.

"Yes, you didn't know?" I reply back in confusion. Honestly, I thought Jade would have known right off the bat since she's so close with Ed as well.

"Well, no. Apparently this asshole, Oliver, knew. He just decided to not share the information." I let out a laugh.

"Ed told me not to!" I hear Oli yell in the defence muffled in the background.

"Be quiet, you." Jade says to Oli before returning to me. "This is amazing, what if we have kids around the same time and they grow up and fall in love? That would be so exiting!"

"Jade, slow down. Let's just get the marriage part done first before we start talking about kids. Anyways, I have to go, I'm with Gina for some dance." I reply with a small smile playing on my lips as I hear everyone talking during break through the door in the opposite room of me.

"Okay, talk to me later, girly. Bye."

"Bye, Jades. Tell Oli I said bye too." I say before hanging up. I stuff my phone back in my dance bag and finish with putting on my ballet shoes. Then, continuing to the dance room, I see Gina waiting for me. "What are we doing today?"

"I'll be teaching you a dance that you'll teach a few other people. It's just a team of teenagers, they're nice." She says. I'm not very good with picking up on little details when I first meet people, so I just now realize some sort of South Asian accent deep in her voice masked by the British one. She must have lived there a little bit then moved here for the duration of her life.

"Sounds great."

---------------------------------------

"Teddy, I'm home, Honey." I yell through the apartment while dropping my back down next to where the door is and taking my shoes off. All the lights are off and he makes no reply, I know he didn't have anything to do tonight, maybe he's getting dinner or something or out with Oli and Jade.

I frown to myself in confusion and take out my phone while walking down the hall to the living room. I turn the light on without taking my eyes off my phone as I dial Ed's number, but before I get to hit call, a bunch of people just up and nearly make me throw my phone at the wall.

"Surprise!" Everyone yells.

"Oh my god, what's this for?" I ask with my hand on my chest as if it'll keep my heart from beating one hundred miles per hour.

"Our engagement." I hear Ed's voice say from behind me as he wraps his arms around me and places his chin in the crook of my neck. I look around and see all our friends; from Ed's tour people to people from work to Oli and Jade.

"It's so cute, thank you Teddy." I say turning around to hug him.

"Only the best for you, you deserve it." He says followed by a simple kiss on the lips. "How was work?" He asks me as the party begins and people start walking around and socializing.

"It was fun, I love Gina, she's a peach." I say making Ed's smile grow. He always like when I talk with weird words.

"Come into the kitchen; we got a nice cake from the bakery down the street." A voice says from down the hall in a side room. I follow into the kitchen as told with Ed in in front of me. Just as the person had claimed, there was a large fancy cake on the table which read "congratulations" across the top of it in blue gel. It was decorated with light pink and blue fondant flowers placed around the border and top of the cake.

Oliver takes the honors of cutting the first pieces and, of course, the first two go to Ed and I. By the time the last person in the apartment got a piece of cake, I had already finished.

As the party came to an end, I was ready to go to bed. I love talking to friends, but socializing takes a lot out of me. We say goodbye to Oliver and Jade, who were the last to leave, and right after we close the door, I collapse onto Ed's. "If you're this tired now, I can only imagine you on our wedding day." Ed says while pulling my up so he's holding me and carries me up the stairs. He lays me down on the bed and begins changing me as I'm either too tired or too lazy; maybe even both.

Finally, he tucks me in and hops in behind me. I feel his arms wrap around me and a soft kiss on my cheek. "I love you, Mere. Goodnight." And from that moment, I was out like a light.