Chapter 23.

Meredith's POV

"Hi ladies, my name's Becki. Do you have reservations?" Asks a short lady from behind the desk of the lobby. Her smile is genuine along with her choice for work attire.

"Yes, it should be under Atkinson, that's my future last name." Jade says. Her voice is dripping with excitement and enthusiasm. I can't blame her, I can only imagine what it's like t be getting married, especially to someone that you just know is the right one.

"Of course," Becki smiles coming out from behind the desk. "Please, follow me." We do ask she says which ends us in the main part of the building but a separated mirror area. This surprisingly reminds me of Say Yes to the Dress.

"So what's your name, your fiancé's name, and the try of things you look for in a dress?"

"I'm Jade, my fiancé is Oliver and I think I'm looking for a mermaid dress but I'm not sure. If not a mermaid dress then probably just something silky and simple." Jade answers which slightly surprises me. The mermaid dress does seem like her, but simple? Jade is the exact opposite of simple.

"Right on it, you can browse while my team and I are searching for some dresses we think you'll like." And with that, she takes off. After Jade and I place our coats on the fluffy white chair, we go out to the extremely large area where all the dresses are neatly hung on racks covered in a safety clear plastic.

"Oh my goodness, Mere, look." Jade says immediately right when we reach the section of mermaid dresses. I gasp as well at the sight of the dress she's pointing at. I've always been a sucker for weddings and wedding dresses, but this one is truly beautiful.

The dress is tight with lace long sleeves. The bottom waves out under the hip line in a beautiful pattern of lace, making the V-neck pop out with it's lining of lace as well. "That one is coming with us." She huffs out without a second though before grabbing it off the rack and carefully carrying it back to out area. "I'll just pick one and they can bring me as many as they want me to look at." She says.

"This is so exiting," I laugh under my breath taking a seat on the little chair. "what are you waiting for? Go try it on!" I smile using my hands to make gestures for her to go to the dressing room. About a minuet of her being gone, the lady and a new, slightly taller, lady come back with two dresses each. "Jade's in the dressing room, she'll-" I begin to say but before I can finish, she catches my eye.

The dress is amazing on her, although, any dress would be. She could be a perfect model, other than the fact that models are really tall, Jade isn't. "Honey, that one is a good pick, do you still want to try these ones on?" Becki asks.

"Yes, please." She smiles giving one last look at herself in the mirror.

*  *  *  *  *  *  *  *

Three dresses later, Jade comes out in the final dress making my jaw completely drop. "Before I look in the mirror, what do you think of this one, Meredith?" Jade asks with her hands over her eyes so she won't see herself.

"Oh my god, this is my favorite. Absolutely stunning." I say with a loss of words. With that, she opens her eyes and smiles.

"This is the one." She says after spinning around a few times to see every angle of the dress as possible. "I though the one I picked would be until I saw this one on me."

"I agree, I thought you would think that." I reply happily. This dress is slim, making her curves shine. It's sleeveless with a sweetheart neckline with gems lining it. The lace starts at the neckline and fades out the further you go down.

"Sounds lovely, I'll check it out for you while you're getting dressed." Becki's assistant rings walking off to, I assume, the lobby.

*  *  *  *  *  *  *  *

"What did you guys get while shopping?" Jade asks jumping in the car right after me.  Oliver is driving with Ed in passenger and Jade and I in the back.

"We got some decorations for both of our houses and some new shirts, nothing big." Ed answers. I know when he's lying, and he is right now. That's okay though, it could be a gift for Jade as her wedding gift.

"What does the dress look like?" Oliver asks unsurprisingly. I knew he would ask that, after knowing him for a while, it's easy to tell how curious he is as a person.

"You'll have to wait for the wedding to find that out." Jade chimes in making me giggle along with her as we speed down the road back to Ed and I's apartment.