Chapter 8.

Joke: What kind of necklace helps solve mysteries?

A Sher-locket (Via Duck_Duck_Sims)

*******************************

+Meredith's POV+

I'm so nervous for the date with Ed. I shouldn't be, but I am. I just don't want to forgive him, especially without a fight. He knows that, basically everyone knows that.

As I pull on black skinny jeans and a light blue collared short sleeve shirt, my phones goes off. "Hello?"

"Meredith, honey. You didn't tell me you and Ed broke up?" My moms voice rings through the phone filled with concern. "Is it true he cheated?"

"Yes, I didn't want to worry you though, mom. I'm going out on a date with him tonight because I'm giving him a chance to redeem himself. I'm back in California, by the way." I answer all to quickly. I know Ed will be here any minute to pick me up, so I have to be quick.

"What?! I really liked, Ed. Your other boyfriends weren't worth a chance, but I think he is. You need to come by my house sometime this week honey, I haven't seen you in a few months." She says with so many different emotions at once.

"Yeah, I will. I have to go, Ed's here." I say quickly as I spot his rental car pull up in the driveway from Jack's quest room window. Good thing Jack's at work right now because he would absolutely flip right now if he saw I was going out with Ed. "I love you, mom."

"Love you too, honey." She says before the line goes dead. I make my way downstairs and out the door with my small shoulder purse and my little rain coat.

"Where are we going?" I ask jumping in the passengers seat as he opens it for me. He's in the usual red flannel with black jeans.

"On an adventure." I feel like we're talking so easily, like nothing ever happened. I'm sure both of us would like to pretend that nothing happened, but that wouldn't be fair to me. I'm allowed to be angry at him.

"Where on the adventure?"

"You'll just have to wait and see." He side smiles not looking off the road. I can see him trying his hardest to hide his excitement, but I know it's not working.

"Did you really cancel your UK mini-tour for me?" I blurt out not meaning to say it. I know he did, but I just can't figure out why.

"Yes I did." He replies. From here, I cant quite read his emotion. I can see he's trying to stay quiet about it, but I didn't know if he actually did or not, I can only imagine the look on Amy's face when she finds out we're back on a date right now.

"Why, Ed?"

"I love you." He shrugs his shoulders as if it's the most obvious thing ever. "Don't get me wrong, I love my job and fans too, but true love comes before anything. I rather have you, then have all this fame and money, you're more important than all of it."

I look away from him and back to the road, not saying a single word. That could have won back my trust easily, only because I know Ed doesn't lie and everything he says is completely from the heart.

After thirty minutes of comfortable talk with Ed in the car, he pulls onto the side of the road where a fence stands. "Where are we?" I ask unbuckling. Instead on answering, he runs to my side of the car and opens the door for me.

"Well, the first time I came to America, my close friend brought me here a few times. You're going to have to jump the fence." He says with a little laugh as I scrunch my face in confusion.

"What, is this illegal?" I ask.

"Yes. It'll be fun though." He assures me. "Here." He offers putting his hands on my waist and lifting me up to help me over the extremely tall fence. I climbs the rest of the way up with Ed right next to me. When my head reaches just over the view of the fence, I awe in amazement. It's an abandoned amusement part.

"Oh my god." I manage out as I climb down the opposite of the fence to get in. Ed jumps down next to me and grabs my hand.

"Isn't it great?" He asks me. I don't trust my voice right now, so I just nod a yes. It's kid of creepy, but mostly just cool and beautiful. "Come here." He says running towards an extremely tall ride. "We're going to climb it."

I don't even question it, I just follow him. Honestly, I'm not scared. I've never really been scared of heights. I follow him up. He steps very carefully as we get higher and higher. "Be careful." He says looking back at me. Once we make it to the top, he stops and sits down on a metal platform, I sit next to him with criss-cross legs.

Looking out from here, I can see even beyond the park itself. I can see some mountains and all the lights of the city. Not to mention how amazing the park looks, it's still fairly right out, so everything is still able to see. It's a sight you could never forget. Being here with Ed makes me even happier, he still is my true love.

"Do you like it, Mere?" He asks hopefully. I turn my head to look at him, and once my eyes meet his, I can't hold back. My lips connect to his, it only takes hi a quick second to realize what I'm doing and kiss back.

"I missed you." I huff out of breath when I pull away. "I don't fully forgive you yet, but that was enough to let you know I still love you and you have a chance."

"Thank you, Meredith. I love you too. Nothing will ever change that." He replies happily. Only a second passed before my phone goes off making me jumps just a little. I take it out of my purse to see one of the many people I don't want to talk to right now because I'm on a date with Ed; Jack.

********************

Answer: Rupert Grint

<<Ed Trivia>>

Question: Which one of these Ed's song is based off a true story?

-Lego House

-I See Fire

-One

-Small Bump

*********************

Love you all.   -Hadleyxx