Chapter 22.

I'm still trying to get over my friends death, I'm sorry or slow updates. I'm trying.

+Meredith's POV+

As I lay tight in Ed's arms, I smile to myself knowing that we've been laying like this in the fort we made for about two hours. We were watching some downloaded episodes of Criminal Minds that I had on my tablet, but of course, it died so we weren't able to finish watching. It's not bad though, it just gives us more time to talk and think.

"I've been counting." I say quietly breaking the silence we've had going for about five minuets.

"What have you been counting?" He replies making me realize that I haven't told him about my thoughts yet.

"I was counting down the days to your mini-tour," I giggle as Flash runs and snuggles on top of my stomach. "I'm so exited to finally see you perform in front of everyone."

"I am too, I miss being on stage." He says with a pause right after his statement to think. My only good guess at what he's thinking about, is his tour life. I can only imagine how fun it must be, of course there are many problems like missing home and it could get stressful. In my opinion, the goods outweigh the bads. I used to tell that to myself when I needed to make important decisions.

Before I can speak up, he begins talking again. I fix my head back on his chest and hear the rumble from his chest as he talks. "You should sing a song with me on stage." He says in a tone that could be considered serious, but the statement itself makes me burst out in laughter.

"Teddybear, I can't sing. Not to mention my singing stage fright. I can dance and act or whatever on stage, as long as it's not singing." I reply folding my arms over my chest.

"Well, we'll just wait and see." And with that, the lights turn back on frightening Flash and I but seeming not to effect Ed at all.

________________________

"What now?" I ask Ed flopping myself flat on the couch not leaving room for Ed to sit.

"Well, I'm going out shopping with Oliver, you can ask Jade if she wants to go dress shopping early if you want." He suggests making me quirk an eyebrow as he puts the last of the folded blankets from our fort back into the closet of the living room.

"What are you guys going shopping for?" I ask curiously.

"Nothing you need to worry about, Merebear." He smiles throwing a pillow at me making me laugh just before it hits me in the face. Rolling my eyes, I shoot Jade a text asking if she wants to go dress shopping.

She replies instantly making me laugh. She must have had her phone in her hand to have an answer that quickly. "Okay, she said Oli will pick us up and drop Jade and I off at Juli's Dress then you guys can go out and come back in an hour."

"Sounds good."

Another pause approaches, it's never awkward. It's this kind of silence that just relaxes me and gives me a little time to stop and appreciate Ed.  "I missed you, Ed." I whisper quietly looking up to meet his eyes. His intense glare makes me want to look away, but I force myself not to.

"You've told me; I missed you too, so much." He replies with his unwavering glare that holds some sort of power to it.

"I know I've told you, but I just need you to know." I say in response carefully. He hurt me, but I know he loves me and something like that will never happen again. Especially not while Jade's around, Ed would be dead in seconds if he did that again. "What happened to Jasmine? Where did she go?"

He doesn't spare a second in wrapping me tighter in his arms. "She's staying with her dad in Yorkshire." Before I have the chance to reply, there's a knock at the door. Opening it, I see a happy Jade with Oliver standing behind her tapping away on his phone.

"Jade!" I yell hugging her, the same way I always greet her. "I can't wait to see you in a wedding dress."

"Me either, don't let me cry. My mascara isn't waterproof today." She says with a giggle. We both walk to Oliver's car with both the boys close behind us. A very short list of things could stop me from smiling right now, most of them are improbable for them to occur today.

"I'll try not to, but I'm not really in control of your tears and bodily functions, Jade." And on that note, we're off to go dress shopping.

____________________

A/N I'm sorry. I'm having a really hard time with my friends death, I'll try harder to update faster and longer.

-Love Hadley xx