Chapter 38.

Just got back from three weeks of camp so here come some faster updates. Love you guys <3 -Hadley
<><><><><><><><><><>
Ed's POV
   I rush into the hospital without thinking. I can't tell if I'm walking or running; I can't even tell where I'm going, but somehow I manage to get to the front desk without a second thought. "I'm here to see Meredith Grace Craven, I'm her fiancé." I say to a short blond lady who looks like she's in her late 40's.

"May I please see your I.D.?" She asks lowering her glasses to look at me. She looks completely uninterested. I scoff at her rude attitude, which usually I wouldn't do, but being in this emotional state can make anyone a different person.

I take no time to pull out my wallet and retrieve my I.D. showing a, not-so-handsome, photo of me with a small smile plastered on my face. She looks it over for a few seconds before looking through a cabinet and pulling out a file. She takes her time reading something in it and then looks at her computer.

"She's in the emergency wing. She's room 327 being tended to, so you'll have to wait outside of her room until the doctor tells you to come in." After she sits back down and notices I haven't left yet she sighs and adds, "she tore her ACL and MCl in her left leg, which is ligament in the knee, she also fractured her Tibia, which is her shinbone."

I nod and feel sweat start to accumulate on my forehead. I bolt off, taking the stairs knowing it would be faster. I make my way up to the third floor and immediately find the correct room; room 327. I take a seat in one of the two chairs outside her room and start playing with my hands to distract myself. This could take any amount of time, I don't know what to think. What if she can't dance? What if she can't walk? What if she'll never walk again?

What feels like hours is actually only thirty minutes before the a man and a woman come out of her door and close it behind them. "Are you the fiancé?" The woman asks and I nod while standing. "Good, I'm Doctor Hathaway, I'm going to be Miss Grace's Doctor until she is healed. The X-rays show that she tore her MCL and ACL which can result in permanent damage. She also fractured her shinbone but that's a minor in fury compared to the other two." She pauses to take a breath but I interrupt.

"How long will it take for her to get better? And she dances, dancing is her life, it's her job even. What will happen?"

"If all goes well, she'll be recovered in four months. She'll need constant care, surgery, physical therapy, and often many visits to be checked on. I assume you'll be well enough to help her will all of that?" She asks; having no words left, I nod. "Very well! However, for the dancing, I'm afraid she won't be able to continue in that field. Also, the pain of her leg, the meds, and losing dancing will result in a bad mood for her so be patient and gentle."

"May I see her?" Is all I can say.

"Of course, she may be asleep." The doctor adds, I push past them and into her door in no time. I expected to see her peaceful face fast asleep, especially considering it's now past ten o'clock. But instead, I see her staring at the wall, almost empty looking, but still beautiful as ever.

"Mere?" I say quietly, walking up and sitting next to her bed. Her head snaps to me and her eyes widen, I can see how tired and swollen then are from crying.

"I thought it was just another nurse. Teddy, how are you here?" She asks grabbing onto my hand resting on her bed.

"I left in the middle of the concert. Are you okay?"

"I-" she begins but stops. She has nothing to say. "It feels like I just lost everything my life has worked for. It's been dance since I was three, now it's gone. I'm empty." She says and I pull her head to rest on my chest as I move and lay in the bed along with her. She cuddles into my side as well as she can as I'm above the blanket and she's under it.

"You'll never lose me, though." I whisper. She grabs my shirt more and gets even closer, if that's even possible. I feel wetness on my chest from her eyes. She'll be okay, we'll be okay.

"I feel like I don't have a purpose anymore."

"Oh but Meredith, you do. Us, your family, we're always here for you. I'll make it my mission to find you a new hobby, one that makes you feel just as good, if not better than dance." I say with only truth in my words. "And you'll always have a purpose as long as you have me, because we'll have a family of our own one day." I feel Meredith tense then soon relax again. We've never talked of kids before, but I know the looks she gets when she she's babies and little kids. I know the look when she see's wedding photos.

"You mean that? You'll help me find something new? And we'll have kids?"

"Of course! You think I wouldn't want a family? Of course I want kids with you, I love you. And I'll do anything to make sure you find something new." I nod completely sure of every word I say.

"Thank you, Teddy. I love you." She says with a voice clearly telling she's falling asleep.

Her breathing steadies and her grasp on my shirt loosens; she's asleep. "I love you too, Mere."

<><><><><><><><><><>
well that happened... I love you guys, don't hate meeeeeeeee
Love you all.    -Hadley