Chapter 7.

Joke: Ed doesn't have a girlfriend, because Sheeran away. -Via Pinkietoxic

Keep sending jokes in, I got SO MANY and I'll try to use as many as possible. (They don't have to deal with Ed.)

****************************

Meredith's POV

I try to keep my breathing still as Ed gets closer and closer to me. I have imagined what I would do if I saw Ed again, it defiantly wasn't this. I imagined myself yelling at him and hitting him while balling my eyes out. But in reality, I can't do that. Instead, I'm nearly frozen, just able to do two things at once; keep myself from having a panic attack, and watching him.

"Meredith, I never meant to hurt you. I've already said this; I was drunk. It's no excuse, but you and I both know I would have never done it if I was somber." At least, this he says, I know is true. He wouldn't have done such a thing in a state where he had full consciousness over his actions.

"It's not just that! I was right next to you, able to help you. Your mom needed you in that moment as well, just as much as you needed me." I fight back. "Not to mention, you cheated with your Ex who also happened to be one of my friends."

"I know, please. You have to understand. I can't stop thinking about how much of an idiot I am. I lost the only thing I care about other than my fans and family. I would have you over anything and anyone." He says making my heart flutter just like old times. "I'm more upset and worried about losing you than I am about finding out my own mother has cancer."

"Ed, I still love you." I confess. It's easy to see that hope that spread through his heart in this moment. "I'll give you exactly a month to make this up to me, if you can't, then you can't try anymore." I suggest. I hate myself right now. People in movies always say how their heart says one thing but their brain says another, I always thought was some cliché movie thing until right now.

I wish that I could just give him up, my brain is telling me to, but my heart needs him. It's this strange feeling. My heart doesn't just want him, it needs him for it's health. "Jack's going to be pissed so he can't see you."

"Than you so much, Meredith. You won't regret this. I'll pick you up at five tomorrow? Dress casual, it'll probably get cold." He says all to fast before jumping out the door excitedly as my next class enters.

I'm going on a date... with the love of my life, who is also my Ex. I wish life wasn't so complex. It would be nice to have something in life where when you found your soulmate, everything would be okay. Like it was some kind of security.

*************************

"Hey, Mere." Jack smiles hopping in the doorway with two coffees in hand. He hands one to me making me smile.

"Hey, Jackiepoo. Glad to know you remembered about my obsession with coffee." I smirk as he sits down on my bed next to me. His guest room has always served as a bedroom for me.

"How would I forget!?" He laughs making me join in. I move my laptop so he can see the current YouTube video I'm watching to laugh along. "How was work?"

"Good," I say nervously trying to avoid speaking about how Ed was there. "How's your work?" I try changing the subject.

"Boring when you're not there. Remember when you used to bring me food and we would just ride in the elevator together for hours?" He asks making me laugh. One of my favorite things is when I can just sit with a long-time friend and talk about old memories and inside jokes.

"That was the best. Maybe I can stop by tomorrow and bring you lunch?" I ask.

"Sounds great, are you allowed to endlessly ride in the elevator now that you don't live there?"

"I don't even care. I rather get in trouble, maybe it will make it more fun." I laugh. I used to get in trouble pretty often in high school and I liked it because everyone thought I was a rebel.

"Have you visited your mom since you got back?" He asks after a few minutes pause.

"No, that article of Ed and I just came out that she had to publish saying we're the power couple and stuff so I thought it would be awkward." I say letting a mention of Ed slip. I can see Jack stiffen. I know he's way to over protective, it's nice sometimes. Like the brother I've never had.

"True, you should call her."

"Maybe later, I'm just really tired now. I love dancing almost everyday, but it's so tiring." I yawn pausing the video and laying back on my pillow. Jack stands and kisses my forehead.

"Night, then. Love you, Mere." He says in a way different from my love for Ed. The way Ed and I love each other is so different. I want to be with Ed, but with Jack, we say it like how we care for each other.

"Goodnight, Jackiepoo. Love you too." I reply without hesitation. He turns on my little nightlight before walking out of my door and shutting it firmly behind him. I love how he remembers everything with such ease just as how I remember the little things about him.

I remember how he always smells like Vanilla and Cinnamon; he remembers my fear of the dark.

Of course; Ed was the same way. He remembered everything about me as well. He even remembered my work schedule better than I did.

I hate this, even now, my mind won't stop working its way back to Ed.

*************************

Answer: Tea

<<Ed Trivia>>

Question: Which famous Redhead was in Ed's video 'Lego House'?

-Emma Stone

-Nicola Roberts

-Zack Ward

-Rupert Grint

*****************************

Love you all.    -Hadleyxx