Chapter 42.

Book recommendations: midnight by smashirwin (Luke Hemmings fanfiction)

Meredith's POV

I wake to an empty bed. This may be the first time in months that I have woken alone. I check my phone and see a string of messages from ed.

Teddybear: Concert's over, on my way home

Teddybear: Actually I was invited to a party, I'm going to it and ill be home in the morning

Teddybear: I bet you're asleep, sleep well xx

For some reason, this makes me extremely upset. The doctors had told me I would be overly emotional from the meds, especially with stress for wedding plans. But even without those, he still told me he would be home when I woke up, lying comfortably in bed with me. He left me for a party.

I would have no issue with a party if I knew beforehand, not to mention what happened last time he got drunk. I can only imagine. I trust Ed with my life, but I'm not too happy with this.

I spring out of bed and head down to the kitchen, which is a large task with a broken leg,  and start the coffee pot for myself. Then I get the kettle ready to make a nice cup of morning tea for Jade and Ed; whenever he arrives home. I then pick up my phone and dial his number. In only seconds, he answers.

"Hey, baby. How are you?" He asks right as I pick up making a small smile play on my lips, dispite my angry towards him.

"Well, I'm alright other then the broken leg and the fact I woke up without you this morning and some texts from you." I say taking a seat at the dinning table and resting my crutches on the wall behind me.

"Oh my god, Mere, I'm so sorry." He says with genuine worry in his voice. "I'm almost home, I went to pick up breakfast. I didn't know you'd be upset about the party."

"I know, but I didn't like last time you got drunk with Jasmine and you should have told me before tonight that you were going. I don't need you every second of the day and of course you can go party, I just want it to be reasonable." I reply not wanting to seem like a crazy controlling girlfriend, but in my defense, most girlfriends would be upset about a party situation. Bad things always happen at parties.

"Right, Mere, I'm pulling onto our street, I'll just talk once I get home." He says making my sigh.

"Alright, bye." And I hang up. I hope I wasn't too mean, I hate being mean to someone who doesn't deserve it. Moments later, Ed walks in the door with a large smile and two bags in his hands. He rests the bags on the table and places a kiss on my forehead.

"I made you tea," I say gesturing to the cup that sits opposite of me on the table. "I'm sorry about the party thing, I just rather know before." I say for the millionth time.

"Of course, I should have thought more. I'm sorry, Merebear." He hands me a blueberry muffin from the bag and I squeel, he always knows my favorite things. "Thank you for the tea."

"Thank you for the muffin."

"Ed got food?" I hear Jades exited voice ring through the kitchen. Looking to her standing in the doorway, I supress a laugh as I take in her messy hair and sleeping attire. Ed nods at her question and hands her a breakfast sandwich. "Thank you, Eddy!"

Breakfast is always a good meal to eat with people, it wakes me up. The whole time, howver, I was more distracted by thoughts of what happened at the party, who's party it was, and how good Ed's baseball hat looked on him.

"Meredith, can I take you on a date today?" Ed asks, pulling me out of my deep thought.

"Hmm, where to?" I reply sending him a wink while finishing off my muffin.

"Surprise, as always."

"I accept." I say trying to sound proper. "What shall I wear on this date? Fancy or causal?"

"Casual." And with that, I'm off - with Jade's help - to go upstairs and find something to wear for the date while Ed takes a shower and freshens up. Today might be a good day, despite the shaky start.

--------------------------------

Short chapter! Sorry! It's kind of just a filler.

Recommend what you want to happen in the book

Love you all.   -Hadleyxx