Chapter 43.

Song for this chapter: Cough Syrup by Young the Giant

Meredith's POV

Ed and I follow Jade out our front door. Although she's just going home, Ed is taking me on a date. I'm wrapped up with a large winter coat, black skinny jeans, black Doc Martins, and a beanie.

Ed takes me in the car and smiles as he puts on some music. "So, where are we going?" I ask trying to get him to tell me.

"You'll find out in a bit, Mere. It won't be long, I promise." He smiles, pulling out into the street and heading to the right. We share a comfortable silence while I tap my finger to the beat of the music we've been listening to.

After about half an hour with no traffic, we pull into the front of a strange looking building. I furrow my eyebrows and Ed instantly notices my look of confusion. "A tattoo shop?" I ask.

"Yes, Indeed! I wanted to get a new tattoo and thought that maybe you'd enjoy coming along." He says, "Don't worry, this isn't the whole date."

I nod my head and begin looking around the studio, It's not one of the large, well-known tattoo parlors. It's more of a special one, in my eyes. Ed says he always comes to the same one, so this must be it, and they must be quite good.

"What tattoo are you getting, Eddy?" I ask him over my shoulder as my hands trace some of the intricate patterns laid out on the wall.

"That's a surprise, Mere." He laughs just before a large man with a septum piercing and beautiful sleeves of colorful tattoo's enters the room.

"Ed! My boy, what brings you here?" Asks the man taking Ed into a quick hug before looking at me with a surprised expression. "And you brought a lady?"

"Ruby, this is my fiancé, Meredith." Ed introduces me and the man takes my hand and kisses it making me blush a little.

"Nice to meet you, Meredith. I'm Ruby Francios." Ruby is an odd name for such a large, muscular tattoo artist; but quite frankly, it fits him well.

"And you as well." I reply looking away to hide my flattered expression. I know he wasn't hitting on me, but he is appreciating my looks and it's a nice feeling when you meet someone for the first time.

"You got a good one, my boy. Now what can I help you with today?"

"Actually, it's a surprise for Mere. She can't know yet."

"Oh, then follow me. You can wait and look through our catalogue, we have a lot of different styles." He says handing me a large, photo album, type book and gestures to the main room I'm standing in as it's covered in their designs.

Ed and Ruby walk off down a long corridor and enter a room as I begin looking through tattoo's. I've only gotten one tattoo before, it's a little hidden bowtie  made of rope where my stomach meets the center of my chest. Ed likes it because he thinks its adorable and goes with my personality well. I got it because when I began dance, my mom used to do my hair for years and she always put the same rope bowtie to fasten my bun.

Maybe if I find one I like, I'll convince myself to get it.

After about twenty minutes of waiting and looking through tattoo's, I find the perfect one.

Another twenty minutes later, Ed comes back out with a huge smile covering the whole bottom half of his face and Ruby right behind him. "Let me see it!" I say as I walk over to him as fast as I can with my crutches. He lifts his sleeve up and shows me a small tattoo of a dancer.

"It's you" He says

"It's you" He says. It's an outline of a dancer in a ballet position.

"It's amazing." I say trying not to get too emotional, I know I'll end up in tears if I do. "I also wanted to get a quick tattoo." I say with a smirk making him raise an eyebrow. I pick up the book and rest my crutches in my armpits to keep them from falling as I point to the small outline of famous London buildings. "Because London is my home now."

"Oh that one won't take long at all!" Ruby speaks peaking into the book

After only twenty five minutes, my new tattoo is complete and we're leaving the shop. In the car I speak again, "where are we going now?"

"To pick out our wedding cake design, then we'll pick up some pizza and a movie and go home." He says making my heart nearly stop.

"We're looking for wedding cakes?! Oh goodness, where are we going first?" I ask nearly spilling the drink in my hand out of excitement.

"Dailies Pastry's, I've heard good things of them at work so I thought they'd be worth a try." I always like how he likes to try things and places that people recommend to him, it's a nice thought to have.

"Alright."

----------------------------------------

A/N Sorry short chapter, I'm having major family issues cuz one of my older sisters is legit awful to me and hates me and calls me a slut and omfg shes so horrible, I'm sorry. Next chapter will be better.

I love you guys so much! Happy thanks giving <333

I'm thankful for all of you and my two best friends; Danny (my crush) and Genevieve.

Love you all.   -Hadleyxx