7 -

A week after Billie's unexpected message, Ellie found herself on a train to Chicago. Events had unfolded so quickly that she barely had time to process everything. Billie had provided her with the contact information of the concert organizer, and the singer's team had taken care of everything, including the payment for her train tickets. It felt more real than ever.

Ellie gazed out the train window, her photographer accreditation hanging around her neck, a constant reminder that she wasn't just a spectator this time but a professional on a mission. Excitement bubbled within her, but a slight nervousness accompanied it.

Her camera bag rested at her feet, filled with her carefully prepared equipment—cameras, lenses, and batteries ready for the event. She had gone over her gear again and again the night before, leaving no room for the unexpected.

"I can't believe this is happening..." she murmured, absentmindedly petting Livaï, who was sleeping at her feet, accompanying her on this big journey. Chicago slowly unfolded on the horizon, and she could already feel the vibrant energy of the city preparing to host one of the most anticipated concerts of Billie's tour.

Upon arriving in Chicago, Ellie was welcomed by the concert production team. Everything was incredibly well organized, reflecting the professionalism she expected from an event of this scale. She was taken directly to the venue to set up her equipment before the show.

Once inside, the energy of the venue was palpable. The lights, the set, the technical installations... everything was even more impressive than the last time. Ellie positioned herself in the photographers' pit, her accreditation clearly visible, and focused on what she needed to do. Billie had given her a second chance, and this time, she wanted to capture even more striking and intense photos.

The concert began with an explosion of lights and cheers from the crowd. Ellie adjusted her lens and got to work, her heart beating in time with the music. Through her lens, she captured not only Billie in all her glory but also the raw energy of the audience, the perfect fusion between the artist and her fans.

Every movement of Billie on stage was an opportunity for Ellie to create something new and unique. She snapped away, trying to immortalize the intensity of the moment, the artist's effortless grace, and the almost cinematic universe unfolding before her.

The songs flowed seamlessly, bringing with them a rollercoaster of emotions captured in snapshots. With every note, every jump, and every interaction with the audience, Ellie knew she was getting shots that would speak for themselves. She had managed to slip into the rhythm of the show, anticipating Billie's movements, capturing those rare moments when the artist's authenticity shone through.

When the concert concluded amidst a shower of applause and cheers, Ellie was exhausted yet filled with frenzied energy. She had taken hundreds of photos, each more vibrant than the last. Excitement settled in, along with a sense of satisfaction: she had done what she came to do, and maybe even more.

On the way to the hotel, as she was just beginning to decompress from the intensity of the concert, she felt her phone vibrate. She took a quick glance, and her heart raced again. A message from Billie.

Billie: "Hey, hope you enjoyed the show. You can come backstage if you want, we can look at the photos and chat a bit."

Ellie stopped dead in the middle of the street, her thoughts racing in her head. The day had been insane, and now Billie was inviting her to join her backstage for a chat. Excitement was instantly replaced by a new form of nervousness. She remembered their first accidental meeting in the dressing room, but this time, it felt different. She had been personally invited, and that involved a level of intimacy and attention she hadn't anticipated.

Taking a deep breath, she replied.

Ellie: "The show was incredible! I got some amazing shots. I'll come join you, I should be there in 15 minutes."

It was both exhilarating and terrifying. She had never doubted her abilities as a photographer, but sharing her work directly with Billie in such an intimate setting was another story. She needed to make sure she stayed professional, even as her heart raced.

Ellie arrived backstage after passing through various security checks. She was greeted by a member of the team who escorted her directly to Billie's dressing room. The atmosphere was more relaxed than she had imagined. Away from the frantic hustle of the stage, everything seemed calmer, almost intimate.

Upon entering, she found Billie sitting on a couch, her hair still slightly damp from the concert sweat, a bottle of water in hand. She smiled when she saw Ellie arrive.

"Hey! How's it going?" Billie said, getting up to welcome her.

Ellie smiled nervously, trying to appear as relaxed as possible: "I'm good, I'm good... I see you've upgraded your security."

"Yeah, you noticed? It's to prevent other photographers from getting lost."

Ellie smiled at the remark. "That's a good idea... Seriously though, the concert was amazing. Thanks again for inviting me, it was an honor to shoot it."

Billie nodded with a warm smile. "I'm really glad you came. So, how did you find the energy tonight? It was even more intense than Portland, right?"

Ellie nodded vigorously. "Yeah, definitely! The atmosphere was incredible, and you were too. I took a ton of photos... I hope you'll like them."

"I have no doubt," Billie replied, laughing softly. "So, shall we take a look?"

Ellie settled next to her, pulling out her camera to show her the shots. As they scrolled through the images, Billie commented here and there, laughing sometimes, highlighting the moments she particularly enjoyed. The atmosphere was surprisingly relaxed, as if they were just two friends sharing memories of the evening.

"These photos are amazing," Billie declared after a moment of silence, her eyes fixed on one of the images. "You really have a talent for capturing emotion on stage. It's incredible."

Ellie blushed slightly, flattered by the compliment. "Thank you, that means a lot."

Time seemed to fly by. The two young women continued discussing the concert, the highlights of the tour, and soon, Ellie's nervousness dissipated. She felt more and more at ease in Billie's presence, who kept surprising her with her simplicity and kindness.

After a long moment, Billie turned to Ellie with a sly smile. "You know, I really think you should consider shooting other dates on the tour. You have a real vision, and I love the way you capture the energy."

Ellie was speechless for a second before softly responding, "I... that would be incredible. I never thought it would go this far."

"Well, now you know," Billie replied with a wink.