38 -

The sun softly warmed the car windows as Ellie watched the scenery pass by, a slight knot in her stomach. She knew the day was going to be intense: accompanying Billie to an interview was no small thing, and the idea of facing a crowd of fans and paparazzi made her a bit nervous. Billie, sitting beside her, quickly noticed.

"Hey, you okay?" Billie murmured, gently placing her hand on Ellie's, catching her attention. She gave her a reassuring smile. "It's never as scary as you think."

Ellie nodded, trying to relax, but her mind kept racing. She wasn't used to this kind of situation, and the thought of being watched or even questioned by strangers felt strange. However, the warmth of Billie's hand against hers helped calm her worries a little.

As they got closer to their destination, fragments of the previous night started to surface in Ellie's mind, creating an unexpected warmth in her belly. She struggled to remember every detail, but she knew something electric had happened between them.

The car finally pulled up in front of the interview location, a studio tucked in the heart of Portland. As soon as they arrived, a small crowd of fans and paparazzi quickly gathered around the entrance. Cameras clicked, flashes lit up the area, and shouts echoed all around them. Billie seemed to handle it all with natural ease, but Ellie felt her tension rise.

As they moved toward the entrance, a few particularly enthusiastic fans started calling out to them. Billie smiled, waved, but soon the attention shifted toward Ellie sitting beside her.

"Hey, who are you to Billie?" a young man shouted, leaning over the crowd to be heard. Another girl added, "Are you Billie's new friend?"

Ellie froze for a moment, unsure how to respond. She hadn't anticipated this, and for a few seconds, she thought about what would be the best thing to say. After all, it was complicated...

Finally, she decided to go for it. With a hint of confidence she didn't realize she had, she answered, "Just a friend and a photographer."

The fans nodded, some smiling or complimenting her, with a few even asking for a photo with her, which surprised her greatly. She had never seen herself as someone special or important, and she felt a bit awkward about all the sudden attention. But she eventually agreed to pose for a few pictures, blushing slightly at all the unexpected curiosity.

"You're handling this really well," Billie murmured in her ear, her tone teasing but affectionate. Ellie smiled in spite of herself.

After briefly greeting the crowd, they stepped inside the studio, where Billie's interview was about to start. The place was much calmer inside, and Ellie settled into a corner, ready to observe everything that was about to unfold. She wasn't used to these kinds of events, but she was curious to see Billie in action. Throughout the interview, Billie answered with ease and charm, smiling at the questions while maintaining a relaxed attitude.

But even amid her professional answers, Ellie noticed Billie occasionally glancing in her direction. She wasn't sure what it meant, but each time, her heart raced a little faster. Was it just camaraderie, or something more? The atmosphere between them had shifted since the previous night, and even though Ellie tried not to think too much about it, she knew something was in the air.

Once the interview ended, Billie joined Ellie outside the studio. The tension of the day seemed to finally lift, and they relaxed a bit while waiting for their driver. Some fans were still there, but this time, the frenzy wasn't as intense as when they'd arrived. Billie chatted with a few of them, while Ellie stayed slightly in the background, observing the scene.

"Did it go well?" Ellie asked once Billie had finished signing autographs.

"Really well," Billie replied with a smile. "Thanks for coming with me."

"It was cool to see it all from the inside," Ellie admitted, returning her smile. "Even though I have to say, I'm still not completely comfortable with the cameras."

Billie shrugged with an amused look. "luckily you're not a photographer"

The car arrived shortly after, and they headed back to Joan and Aubrey's place. Back at the apartment, Billie, looking visibly exhausted, mentioned she had an important interview the next day in another city, which meant she needed to pack for her trip.

Ellie followed her into her room while Billie started organizing her things. The suitcase lay open on the bed as she piled up clothes and toiletries, casually chatting about the day's interview.

As the day wore on, memories of the previous night began to become clearer for Ellie. She slowly recalled moments when she had flirted with Billie, the charged looks they exchanged, and the laughter that warmed her heart. The thought that it had all been real made her heart beat a little faster.

"Are you really that comfortable with the whole media thing?" Ellie asked.

Billie glanced over her shoulder with a smile. "I guess it comes with time. At first, it was a nightmare. Now, I almost act like it's normal, sadly, it's just part of my life."

Ellie leaned against the doorframe, watching Billie zip up her suitcase. The atmosphere was light, but Ellie couldn't help thinking about their flirtatious moments the night before. The teasing, the looks. She wondered if it was just the alcohol or if something deeper was forming between them.

Just as she was about to leave the room to let Billie finish her preparations, Billie stopped her with a word.

"Hey, Ellie..."

"Hmm?" Ellie turned around.

"Did you enjoy today?" Billie asked, a hint of hesitation in her voice, as if she was asking something with several layers of meaning.

Ellie nodded. "Yeah, it was nice to see you at work, and..."

"And?" Billie waited for more with a slight smirk.

Ellie hesitated for a split second, the words stuck in her throat. Then she shrugged. "And I'm glad I came with you."

Billie seemed satisfied with that answer, her smile widening. "Me too, I was happy to have you with me."

After that, they continued chatting about anything and everything, their conversation becoming lighter and more playful. When Billie's suitcase was finally packed, they decided to spend the evening together watching a movie, savoring these last moments before Billie had to leave again for her professional commitments.