40 -

Twelve days later, Ellie was finally ready for the big departure. Thanks to Kate's list, she had managed to organize everything on time and without any trouble. Every little detail of the trip had been carefully planned, and she felt both excited and calm about this new adventure. As she finished packing, she received a message from Billie:

"So, ready to join me in the land of spiders?" Billie had written.

Ellie smiled at the message. Of course, she was ready, more ready than she'd ever been. She quickly replied: "Yes, surprisingly ready, can't wait to see the whole team again."

A few seconds later, another message from Billie appeared.

"The team? And what about me, aren't you excited to see me too?"

Ellie laughed softly, rolling her eyes. Billie always loved to tease, and she knew exactly how to do it. Ellie typed her response with a lighthearted tone: "Of course, especially you, how could I forget?"

But it was the next message that left her speechless. A message that came with a big surprise.

"I thought so, by the way, I've got something to tell you... I'm bringing Shark with me on the tour. Since we're heading straight to Europe after Australia, I figured it'd be better for him to stay with me rather than being shuffled around between friends."

Ellie blinked several times, rereading the message. Bringing Shark on tour? It made perfect sense, Billie was very attached to her dog. But what Ellie didn't understand yet was why Billie was sharing this news in such an official way. She didn't have to wait long for the rest.

"And I was thinking... why don't you bring Livaï with you? The team can handle the flight tickets for him. Our dogs could join the adventure too. Are you up for it?"

Ellie froze, her heart racing. She read and reread the message, feeling both incredulous and overwhelmed with joy. Bringing Livaï on tour? The idea had never even crossed her mind, yet it completely thrilled her. Not having to leave her dog behind, being able to take him to Australia and then Europe... It was perfect.

Without wasting a second, she responded to Billie.

"Seriously? I can really bring him?!"

A few seconds later, Billie's reply appeared on the screen: "Livaï will be treated like royalty (I can already hear you screaming behind your phone screen)."

Still in shock, Ellie jumped up, letting out a shout of joy that startled Livaï. She grabbed her phone, typing back even faster. But she was so excited that she accidentally dropped the phone, and it hit the floor with a thud.

"Joan! Aubrey!" she yelled as she rushed into the living room.

Joan and Aubrey were deep in conversation on the couch when Ellie burst in, looking ecstatic.

"Did you finally beat my Subway Surfers score?" Joan asked, amused by his friend's excitement.

"No, but get ready to tremble at my future score on the plane! But seriously, you won't believe what Billie just told me!" Ellie said, still catching her breath. "She asked if I wanted to bring Livaï on tour with us!"

Aubrey burst out laughing, unable to hide her excitement. "Are you kidding?! Oh my god, Ellie, that's amazing!"

Joan grinned widely, giving Ellie a thumbs-up. "Wow, that's awesome!"

Ellie sat down, still in shock from the news. "I know, I'm so happy. It's such a relief not to have to leave him here. I love you guys, but having him with me is a dream."

Aubrey nodded with a mischievous smile. "You, Billie, Livaï, Shark... This is going to be quite the adventure."

Ellie collapsed backward onto the couch, realizing that the tour was going to be even more special than she had imagined. Traveling with Billie and their dogs added an intimate touch to what could have been just another professional tour. The more the days passed, the more Ellie felt this experience would change her. And she couldn't wait to see how.

—— Three days later...

The last few days before departure passed in a whirlwind. Between packing for herself and for Livaï, Ellie couldn't stop thinking about how this trip would mark a turning point in her life. Nervousness mixed with excitement, and she was so absorbed in her preparations that she suddenly realized something: she probably wouldn't be returning to Portland for quite a while.

After Australia, the tour would continue in Europe, with only two short weeks in between. Ellie understood that going back to the U.S. during that break would be difficult and exhausting. A new idea then sprouted in her mind, one that could turn that short break into something more enjoyable.

Joan and Aubrey... why not invite them to join her somewhere in Europe during the tour break? They could meet up in London, Paris, or another European city, and spend some time together before the tour resumed. It would be the perfect opportunity to reconnect and explore a new place together.

Ellie sat up abruptly on the couch, a new spark of excitement in her eyes. "Hey, guys, I have an idea. Why don't you meet me somewhere in Europe during my break? I probably won't have time to come back to Portland, but we could meet up in London or Paris?"

Joan and Aubrey exchanged a surprised look before smiling broadly.

"Oh my god, that would be amazing!" Aubrey exclaimed, already thrilled by the idea. "We could spend a few days exploring a European city together!"

Joan smiled, clearly pleased with the suggestion. "Yeah, totally! Getting lost in those huge touristy cities."

Ellie grinned at her friends' enthusiasm. She loved the idea that, even though the tour would take her far from home for several months, she could still share precious moments with her roommates. They had never traveled together, and this was the perfect chance to do it.

"We could meet in Paris," Ellie suggested, her eyes sparkling with anticipation. "Or maybe London. You've always wanted to visit those cities, right?"

Aubrey nodded eagerly. "Yes, I vote for Paris. The Eiffel Tower, croissants, handsome guys, pure romance!"

Joan added, more calmly, "London would be cool too. We could even do both, since they're not that far apart."

Ellie laughed. "I'm up for anything. As soon as I have a clearer idea of the schedule, I'll let you know. But that would be amazing!"

The thought of this shared plan brought a new source of excitement to Ellie, who now looked forward not only to Billie's tour but also to this future European adventure with her friends. She felt lucky to have friends who were so eager for adventure and so close to her.

The final days before departure flew by. Ellie finished her last preparations, packed her suitcases, and made sure Livaï was ready for the long journey. She now felt perfectly organized and calm, ready to take on this new stage of her life. It was all so surreal...

Finally, the long-awaited day arrived. Ellie woke up early, her heart racing with excitement for everything that awaited her. Livaï, as if sensing the big departure, followed her everywhere around the apartment, watching every movement with curiosity. Ellie scooped him up in her arms, a radiant smile on her face.

"Ready for the adventure, big guy?"

This was the beginning of a new chapter for her. Melbourne, Sydney, then Europe, with Billie, Livaï, Kate... and the rest of the team. And after that, a reunion with Joan and Aubrey in one of the world's most beautiful cities.

Everything was finally in place. The future was looking bright.