13 -

The concert had just ended and Ellie was still in shock from the experience she had just lived. The energy in the venue had been incredible. Fans had sung, cried, danced, and screamed until they lost their voices. Billie and Finneas had delivered an exceptional performance, their chemistry illuminating every song they shared on stage. With each exchanged glance between them, you could feel the brotherly love shining through the music, and it had touched everyone, including Ellie.

She had spent the evening capturing those magical moments, the illuminated faces of the fans, the passion on Billie's face, and the intense concentration of Finneas behind his piano. It was a moment suspended in time, a dream for any music photographer.

When the last note resonated through the hall, the audience's cheers reverberated off the walls. Ellie, her heart still racing, packed away her equipment and let herself be swept along with the other photographers heading toward the backstage area. Everyone was still riding the adrenaline from the concert, animated conversations and exchanged smiles filled the air.

She spotted Jack, the photographer she had met earlier. He was in his thirties and seemed just as passionate about his job as she was. They ended up walking side by side, exchanging a few words about the evening.

Jack said, "So, how was your first concert? Impressive, right?"

Ellie smiled. "It was completely insane. I've never seen so much energy, the bond between Billie and Finneas is truly magical to capture."

Jack nodded, clearly agreeing. "Yeah, they have that thing. I've shot a lot of concerts, but with them, it's always special."

They continued chatting as they made their way to the backstage area, where several team members were already relaxing with snacks and drinks. Ellie felt increasingly comfortable, surrounded by people as passionate as she was. It was as if she had found a group that shared not only her love of photography but also her dedication to doing great work.

She then met Daryl, a cameraman in his fifties with graying hair and a warm smile. He seemed to be somewhat of the "wise one" of the team, the one everyone turned to for advice.

Daryl said, "So, first night with us? Did you survive?" he joked.

Ellie laughed softly. "Yeah, I think I survived. It was intense, but honestly, it made me want to see more."

Daryl nodded, a satisfied smile on his face. "Don't worry, it'll only get better. And here, there's no pressure. Billie is super cool, and so is her team. We take our work seriously, but we never take ourselves too seriously, you know?"

Ellie felt instantly reassured. Daryl shared some practical tips about the job, how to handle the unexpected, how to prepare as best as possible, and, most importantly, how to enjoy every moment. She also met Kate, a young woman her age, an intern in audiovisual production, who had recently joined the team.

Kate said, "If you have any questions, don't hesitate to ask. I'm still in training too, but everyone here is super cool, including me, of course. I bet you'll feel at home in no time."

Ellie smiled again, grateful for the warm welcome she was receiving. In such a short time, she already felt well integrated, as if she were part of a big family. They spent the rest of the evening chatting over drinks, sharing stories and laughter.

But fatigue was starting to catch up with her. After exchanging a few last jokes, she stood up to return to the hotel and rest before the second concert scheduled for the next day. She said goodbye to her new friends and left the backstage area, her heart light.

When she arrived in her room, she placed her camera bag on the desk and sat on the bed for a moment, looking at the lights of New York shining through the window. Everything still felt surreal. She really felt like she was living a waking dream.

As she prepared to take a shower and relax, her phone vibrated. Curious, she glanced at the screen and saw she had received a message... from Billie.

Billie wrote, "Hey Ellie! So, how was it for you tonight? Did you get to meet my amazing photo team?"

Ellie was quite surprised. Billie was taking the time to send her a message to make sure everything was okay. It touched her deeply. She hesitated for a moment before replying, trying to find the right words.

Ellie replied, "Hi Billie! It was incredible... you and Finneas are mesmerizing on stage. The team welcomed me really well, thanks again! I just need to take a 12-hour nap, and I'll be ready for tomorrow."

She sent the message and lay back on the bed, a smile on her face. Everything seemed to be falling into place, as if every piece of her life's puzzle was finally coming together. A few seconds later, her phone vibrated again.

Billie replied, "So glad it went well and that you enjoyed our duo! That reassures me. Get some good rest and be ready for what's next, this is just the beginning."

Ellie smiled, placing her phone on the nightstand. She felt more at peace than ever. The stress of the past few weeks, the doubts, the questions... all of it seemed to be fading away. Tomorrow would be another day, another concert, but for now, she just felt... like she belonged.

Tired but happy, Ellie eventually fell asleep, ready to face the second day of this extraordinary adventure.