22 -

Ellie returned to her room after the meal, her stomach almost bursting from the generous vanilla ice cream Billie had made for her. She collapsed onto her bed, a contented sigh escaping her lips. The meal had been enjoyable, filled with good food, shared laughter, and stories from the tour. But now, she needed a moment to digest.

She took out her phone and started sorting through the photos from the New York concert. Each image brought her back to the incredible energy of that night. Ellie recalled the sparkling lights, the cheers of the crowd, and Billie's smile on stage. Her heart warmed as she reminisced about those precious moments.

As she was lost in her memories, her phone vibrated again. A message from Billie.

"My brother just called me, he booked a laser tag game in the hotel. It's completely crazy, but it's unmissable! I don't know if you're busy, but if you're up for it, we can meet in 30 minutes."

Ellie thought for a moment. The idea of playing laser tag in a hotel seemed both absurd and exciting. She sent a message to Kate, who replied almost instantly.

"Of course! That sounds amazing!"

Ellie then messaged Billie to let her know they would be ready. In the following minutes, she and Kate quickly got ready. A little touch of makeup, comfortable clothes, and excitement bubbled up inside them.

They headed toward the laser tag room, laughing at the absurdity of the situation. Upon arrival, they found Billie and Finneas waiting for them, clearly eager to get started.

"We really just said see you tomorrow less than an hour ago!" Ellie joked as she joined them.

"That's the magic of touring!" Finneas replied with a smile. "We never really part."

There were other team members who had joined them, creating a jovial and relaxed atmosphere. Then, the instructor entered, smiling, and announced that ten people would participate in the laser tag game. He asked everyone to split into two teams. Billie immediately positioned herself opposite her brother, a glimmer of competition in her eyes.

"Come on, Ellie, join my team!" Billie called, raising an arm to form a team.

"I'm on my way!" Ellie replied, moving closer to her.

Kate ended up with Finneas. The teams were formed, and the excitement was palpable in the air.

The instructor explained the rules and safety guidelines, then the game began. The lights went out, and the vests began to flash. Ellie was amazed by the intensity of the atmosphere. Billie seemed to have taken on the role of team leader, issuing orders and gesturing as if they were on a military mission.

"Okay, Ellie, stay close to me," Billie commanded, her gaze determined.

Ellie nodded, amused. Billie was fully into her character. The two girls maneuvered through the maze, Billie showing warrior instincts, ready to do anything to win.

"Follow me!" Billie shouted, dashing toward a corner.

Ellie couldn't help but laugh as she watched Billie make hand signals and strange movements that made no sense to her.

"What are you doing?" Ellie whispered, laughing.

"I'm signaling our strategy!" Billie replied very seriously. "We're going to take them by surprise."

Their team started firing at the opposing team, and Ellie felt incredibly engaged in the game. She moved with agility, slipping behind obstacles and taking every opportunity to tag members of the other team.

As the game progressed, Ellie realized she had saved Billie from several attacks, stepping in front of her to cover her back.

"You're my heroine!" Billie shouted with laughter when Ellie once again stepped in front of her to avoid a shot.