25 -

Ellie woke up early in the morning, soaking in the last few moments of peace before the day ahead. It was another tour day, but this one felt special, the last show before a month-and-a-half break. She got up, excitement filling her at the thought of heading back to her hometown, Portland, seeing her friends, and especially her big boy, Levi.

After packing her stuff and getting everything ready, Ellie figured it was time to text Kate. She pulled out her phone and quickly typed:

"Hey, are you on the same flight as me to Nashville?"

The reply came almost immediately:

"Yeah! I can't wait, it's gonna be nice to finally chill."

Ellie then remembered she had messaged Billie the night before, after the concert. She wondered if she'd been too forward texting her right after the show. Billie hadn't replied yet, which made her a bit anxious. She felt both excited and nervous, thinking she might have crossed a line.

On the way to the airport, the two girls talked about their plans for the much-needed break.

"So, what are you gonna do during the break?" Kate asked.

"I'm gonna hang out with Joan and Aubrey, and definitely spend time with Levi. It's been way too long since I've seen him," Ellie replied, a nostalgic smile crossing her face. "I can't wait to shower him with love."

"That sounds awesome! I wish I could come meet him, but I've got so much shit to do in New York. It's already driving me crazy," Kate groaned.

"We'll FaceTime for sure, don't worry. You really need to come visit me in my neck of the woods sometime," Ellie said excitedly.

"Deal," Kate replied, laughing.

Once they arrived at the airport, everything went smoothly. Security checks were quick, and the two friends made their way to the gate, still chatting. Ellie couldn't stop thinking about the buzz of the tour.

In the taxi heading to the hotel in Nashville, the girls took in the new sights, admiring the unfamiliar streets. When they finally arrived at the hotel, it was just as nice as the previous ones. Ellie felt at home here, like always.

In their room, Ellie collapsed onto the bed, satisfied but a little worn out from the trip. As she relaxed, her phone buzzed on the nightstand. She quickly grabbed it.

"Hey Ellie! Sorry for the late reply, I totally passed out on the plane like a baby..."

Ellie smiled reading the message. It felt good to finally hear back from her.

"No worries, you needed the rest. No bus this time?"

Billie replied fast.

"Nah, Finneas and the crew couldn't be bothered to take the bus for such a long drive. We figured the plane would be comfier."

"Understandable, I would've been too lazy for that trip too. I can't wait for this last concert before the break."

"Me too! I'm so pumped! What about you, what's your plan for the break?"

Ellie took a second to think before replying.

"I'm heading home, spending time with friends, and of course, Levi. I miss that furry goofball so much! What about you?"

"That sounds amazing, Levi must be dying to see his mom. I'm gonna head home with my brother to hang out with my parents and my little Shark."

"That's a solid plan. I bet Levi and Shark would be total besties."

"We should totally get them to meet one day, that'd be hilarious!"

"That's such a good idea! I'm sure they'd hit it off. But... hold up, you're not just using your dog as an excuse to come see me, are you?" Ellie added with a teasing grin.

Billie burst out laughing in her response.

"Nah, that's not my style... I've just totally fallen in love with your dog."

"Yeah, right, nice try. For real though, I've got tons of hidden spots in Portland I'd love to show you."

"Really?! You're getting me hyped! I'll mention it to Shark when I get home, but knowing him, he'll be as down as his mom."

"Good to hear. I'll make sure Levi's ready for his date with Shark."

"Just so you know, Shark's pretty hard to impress... Anyway, I'm gonna try to get some rest before tomorrow's show."

"Yeah, good call. Rest up, and hit me up if you need any support, I'm a pretty good shoulder."

"Thanks, Ellie! I really appreciate it."

Ellie felt relieved at how the conversation turned out. She'd managed to build a stronger connection with Billie and share a nice moment, even from afar. It boosted her spirits. With tomorrow's concert on her mind, she felt ready to tackle the last leg of the tour before the much-needed break.