Hot Springs pt 2

WOOOO after popular demand on both Wattpad and Ao3, I have FINALLY written the second chapter to Hot Springs. Requests are open (I encourage you to request!!) and I hope you enjoy! :3

Part 2 of 2. 

--

It's been a month since Aizawa's text – the one that shattered everything. "Sorry, I was on a date." Those six words have stuck with you, replaying in your mind every time you try to move on, dragging you back into the pit of confusion and hurt. You haven't replied, and Aizawa hasn't sent anything else. The silence that follows only confirmed your worst fear: he is back with his ex, and you're left to pick up the pieces.

You try to avoid him, try to bury yourself in hero work, but it is getting harder by the day. Your patrols are sloppy, your mind always somewhere else, and even the simplest of tasks feels like wading through quicksand. Every time you see him at UA or during meetings, you find yourself making excuses to leave. You couldn't bear to face him.

But it isn't just your hero work that is falling apart – it is everything. Your apartment has become a reflection of your state of mind. Laundry piled up in the corners, dishes stacked in the sink, and papers are scattered across the floor. You barely have the energy to care anymore. The person you have tried so hard to distance yourself from still occupies every corner of your mind.

And now, as you lay on your couch, staring blankly at the ceiling, you feel the weight of it all pressing down. A part of you wishes he would just reach out again, that he'd say something more, explain himself – anything. But another part of you doesn't want to hear it. It's easier to believe he's gone for good.

Your phone buzzes on the coffee table, pulling you out of your thoughts. You glance at it, half-expecting another work-related message. But instead, the screen flashes with a name that makes your heart drop.

"Can we talk? - Shota"

Your heart skips a beat. Can we talk? The words blur on the screen as a wave of anxiety grips you. After a month of nothing, he suddenly wants to talk? You stare at the message, unsure how to respond, or if you should respond at all.

What could he possibly say that would change anything? He had gone on a date with her, and for all you know, they're back together. That thought is enough to keep your fingers frozen, refusing to tap out a reply.

Minutes pass. Then hours. The weight of the message lingers, suffocating you as you sit in the silence of your apartment. Eventually, the exhaustion becomes too much, and you let your phone fall to the floor, the unanswered message still glowing faintly in the dark.

It's late when the knock comes, a soft, hesitant tap against your door. For a moment, you thought you imagined it, a part of your mind playing tricks on you in the middle of your haze. But then it comes again, a little louder.

You sit up, pulse quickening. No one comes to your apartment at this hour. No one except...

You push yourself off the couch, unsteady legs carrying you towards the door. You hesitate when you reach it, hand hovering over the doorknob. But before you can turn it, the door creaks open on its own. You didn't lock it.

Standing in the dim hallway, Shota Aizawa looks back at you, his face half-shadowed, a mixture of concern and guilt written across his features.

"Your door was open," he says quietly, stepping just inside. His eyes scan the room, taking in the mess – the clutter, the chaos, the stark contrast to how you usually kept things. His gaze softens and he turns back to you.