Chapter 5: The auditions

Katy and Alana arrived at the audition stadiums and they walked down the hall, where they were greeted by Cheryl. "Katy, what a pleasure to get to see you again!" She said hugging Katy, "And I'm guessing that you're Katy's daughter, Alana right?" Cheryl said bending down.

"Yeah." Alana said smiling, "You are so adorable!" She said, "Katy did you know that the other two judges are coming by planes?" Cheryl said standing up with a serious expression on her face.

"I think that's ridiculous." Katy said blankly, then finally smiling. "Well, these are the people that are trying out today." Katy looked around the hall and there were about 7 people, some teens and some in their late twenties.

"Looks good to me, let's go and get ready." Katy said grabbing Alana's hand, "Who are the other judges?" Katy asked as they entered the room, "Demi Lovato and Bruno Mars." Cheryl responded.

Alana screamed in delight as she saw her very own table and chair, it was right beside the big table in the middle of the room. She let go of Katy's hand and ran towards it, making everyone laugh.

"Katy, you're going to be sitting next to her, I'm next to you, Demi Lovato next to me and Bruno Mars on the far end, sounds good?" Cheryl asked, "Sounds perfect to me, oh look, they're here." Demi and Bruno stepped into the room and the four gave each other hugs.

"Who's this little fella here?" Bruno said walking over to Alana, "I'm Alana, Katy's daughter." Katy couldn't help but laugh at her explanation, "Looks like she inherited your funny side." Demi said elbowing her side, "Yeah, she hasn't even shown half of it yet."

"Okay everyone, we're going to let the first person in, get ready." The manager yelled into the room, the four judges scrambled to their seats and Katy leaned over to Alana, "Alana, be a good girl and stay quiet okay, we don't want to disturb the auditions got it?" Alana nodded and smiled, "Thank you sweetie."

"The first audition goes to Jessie Willows, she's 19 years old and will be singing her own song that she wrote." The manager said before letting her in, Jessie had beautiful long blonde curls that ended at her waist and bright, blue eyes.

"Good afternoon everyone, it's a pleasure to be here today." She said smiling, "I think I'm in love with you already." Cheryl joked, "So what will you be singing today, Jessie?" Demi asked.

"I'm going to be singing a song I wrote called The White Swan." She pulled out her guitar and got ready, "Sounds fairly interesting." Bruno said, Katy liked to stay quiet during auditions, and no one knew exactly why, it's just that she likes to give people her honest opinion so they can improve on whatever they need to improve on.

Jessie strummed her guitar and started singing, around three minutes later, she sang her last note and smiled. Everyone was amazed by her voice, she had a mixture of Ariana Grande and Taylor Swift, she could do whatever she wanted with her voice and yet it still sounds so pure and lovely.

"Wow, I think I'm going to give that voice of yours a yes!" Cheryl said happily, "Yes as well!" Demi said, "Me to, what about you Katy?" Bruno asked.

"Yes, of course!" Katy said smiling, before anyone could do anything, Alana ran out of her chair and hugged Jessie, who gratefully hugged her back, everyone laughed at Alana's reaction.

"I love your singing, it's so good!" Alana said as Jessie smiled, "Aww, you're so sweet, you're Alana right?" Alana nodded, "I like you, and I think mommy does too." Alana said looking back at her mother, who was blushing.

"Okay, next person!" The manager yelled, Alana ran back to her seat and Katy smiled at her. An 18 year old boy came walking in, his attitude was immediately disliked by all the judges, even Alana.