Chapter 6: The argument

Katy and Alana ended up eating at a Chinese Restaurant, Alana was silent the entire way there and back, Katy knew why, but she just didn't ask. "Okay we're home."

"Great, more paparazzi..." Alana held tightly to her as they shoved past the cameras, questions were being thrown everywhere.

"How were auditions today?"

"Where's John, something happen?"

"Is it true that you and John had an argument?"

"Is he cheating on you?" Katy just about had enough, so she took off her sunglasses and yelled, "WHAT THE HECK DO YOU GUYS WANT OUT OF ME? I'M JUST A WOMAN TRYING TO RAISE MY DAUGHTER, AND YOU GUYS BUG THE DAYLIGHTS OUT OF ME ALL DAY LONG. JOHN AND I ARE FINE, THIS IS MY PERSONAL LIFE SO STAY OUT OF IT!"

And with that, Katy stormed into the house and Alana quickly ran upstairs, knowing that another argument would happen. John looked up from his magazine, "Why didn't you answer any of my phone calls?"

"Was busy..." Katy murmured, John sighed and threw down his magazine, "You're still mad at me aren't you, for what I didn't do but apparently you thought I did?" Katy snapped her head around, "Look who's yelling."

"Katy I've had enough of this, so what even if I did talk and defend Taylor, she was once my girlfriend and I dated her for a reason!" This caused Katy to choke on her drink, and John gasped, not believing what he just said.

"Katy...I didn't mean it like that..." He said softly, "Of course you didn't, you wanna know why? Because you never mean anything you say, you feel bad that you married me instead of her didn't you?  All this time I knew you were up to something, but I just ignored it, now do you believe yourself, you said it yourself didn't you?"

Tears were leaking out of Katy's eyes, "Shannon warned and warned me that you would and might do something like this, but I only doubted her, nothing else, and now, what she said finally came true because you have a reputation with women!"

John was quiet, and was just staring down at the ground. Little did both of them know that their daughter was listening and watching all of this from upstairs.

"Now you're all quiet, where was this quietness when the truth hadn't come out hun? You know what, I don't care about this anymore, you want her? Then go get her, here's her phone number and why don't you deliver this coke to her as well!" Katy yelled throwing the coke in his face, spilling it all over him.

"I've had enough! Have you ever thought about my feelings?" He yelled, "And what did the coke ever do to me for you to throw it all over me?!" He grabbed a towel but Katy snatched it out of his hand.

"Your feelings about what, your feelings about Taylor Swift?" Katy said narrowing her eyes, "All you care about all day long is Alana and Alana, was there any John involved?" Katy gasped at what she just heard, he's jealous...of his own daughter...?

"She's my daughter, of course I have to care about her more because she's only three, you're of enough to look after yourself! Are you jealous of your own daughter?"

Alana covered her eyes, "Mommy and daddy are fighting because of me..." She started crying as she ran back to her room and locked the door.

"We were so happy and loving when Alana was younger, we were always there for each other when we didn't have her!" Katy's mouth fell open, "Are you saying...what I think you're saying?" She breathed, then completely exploded.

"You're saying that you regret having her, HOW COULD YOU! She's your daughter and she was your idea, now that she's born you want her gone! Well I'm telling you this right now John, she's never leaving my sight for as long as I live and I love her, I love her more than you."