Chapter 43: Grounded

Alana's P.O.V.

I just sat there crying as Ariel stared me from down to bottom with her mouth wide open, probably in shock. "Alana..." She breathed so quietly I could barely hear her, "What happened to you?" She started making her way to me by crawling over.

"Everyone is supposed to love her, not make her life miserable! They all know she fainted on her last show, and that she got diagnosed with extreme exhaustion and stress, it's like she isn't going through enough!" I yelled throwing my hands up into the air.

"Alana for goodness sakes stop crying, if you want to help your mother and make this go away sooner YOU have to get YOUR act together now! Look at you, your hair is messed up and tangled, your eyes are bloodshot and your lips, they looked like you just sucked on blood! You've gotten bags under your eyes and you're only 15!"

The next thing I knew, she dragged me up by the arms, wow she's strong. "Now, we're going to clean you up so Taylor and Russell will be a little let's just say shocked. We have to hurry, god knows what your mom is up to right now."

I sighed, she's right, if I want to save mom, I've gotten to get myself together first. Crying isn't going to do anything but ruin your body. She pulled out a brush and started combing my hair while I washed my face, perfect. "Okay I'm going to curl it, stand still."

Once she finished curling my hair, I applied some heavy makeup, that was completely WATERPROOF in case something were to suddenly happen. "How about this dress, it'll keep you warm and it'll make you look gorgeous!" I smiled and changed into the dress.

It was hazelnut colored and ran down all the way to the floor, it's so simple yet delicate. "I love it Ariel, you sure know how to save people!" I laughed, "Okay focus, your mom is probably at Taylor or Russell's house right now, where do you think she would be since you are mother and daughter afterall."

I thought for a second, if Taylor is spreading rumors and mom and Russell, and Russell agreed to it, then Taylor is probably with Russell right now planning evil and rude things. Being Katy Perry, she would have probably already checked Taylor's house, "She's at Russell's house, I just know she is."

"One thing, how are we going to get there without your dad finding out? I rode my bike here and it's a one-person bike. And he's like an hour away from us, we'll never make it there in time."

"There is only one thing to do, dad's going to have to find out sooner or later, so why not sooner? He can give us a ride there." I said slowly, "Alana, snap out of your dreams for once in your life okay? Think of the possibilities that could happen if your dad found out about this, sometimes telling the truth doesn't always work out!"

"Then what do you expect us to do, we both may be celebrities, but that doesn't mean...why didn't you drive your car here?" I asked suddenly realizing that she's 17, and that she can drive.

"My car broke down, and my parents wouldn't let me use theirs. They say you're only going over for a project, nothing else, so you don't need to waste gas. And plus, pedaling is good for your body!" She said mimicking her what seems like mom's voice.

"You're so hilarious Ariel, thank you so much for doing this, seriously." I said gently grabbing her arm. "You don't have to thank me, I just made a best friend today and I want to see her happy, her and her family happy. And plus, this will give me something to do, won't it?"

"Don't you have homework to do though?" She smirked, "Yeah, but I have my excuses being Ariel Winter." She shrugged her shoulders, "Okay seriously though, how are we going to get there?" I asked.

"There is only one thing left to do..."

Katy's P.O.V.

We arrived in front of Russell's house and I took a deep breath, "Tam, I really don't want to see him..." She put her hand on my shoulder and gave it a slight squeeze, "I'll be right here, nothing is going to happen to you, I promise."