Chapter 9: I'm wide awake

The ride home was silent, except everyone knew that Katy was constantly staring at them. John parked the car in the driveway and there were billions of paparazzi waiting for them, "Katy, you remember the paparazzi right?" John asked helping her out, but she didn't let him touch her, it felt...wrong.

John chose to ignore it and get Katy to safety first, "Yeah, I remember that I hate them as well." She said making him laugh, she took a deep breath before walking towards her "house".

"Katy, how are you feeling?"

"I'm so glad that you're okay!"

"Did you forgive John for cheating on you with Taylor Swift?" That one made Katy stop completely and stare at John with her mouth wide open, flashes started going off a thousand times quicker at this moment.

"Katy, please I can explain..." He said extending his hand, but Katy slapped it away, "NO, don't touch me! You must have been the reason I crashed and lost my memory, you ruined my life!" She screamed as tears poured from her eyes, John froze as he heard those last words come out of her mouth...you ruined my life.

"John, for goodness sake be stupid in the house, not out here!" Shannon said grabbing his arm and dragging him into the house. The moment he entered the house he fell onto the ground, "Oh my goodness John are you alright?" Shannon gasped as Angela ran into the room, "Shannon what happened?"

"I hate myself, I did ruin her life...if it weren't for me she would still be okay right now." He sobbed, "You didn't ruin her life, she's just not awake right now, I'm sure she'll get her memory back soon enough...you just need to have faith." Angela comforted, "I better go check on Katy, who knows what she may be up to right this moment."

Katy ran into what looks like her room and locked the door despite all the yelling and pounding outside, she sighed and ran her hands through her messy hair. That's when she noticed the shower, and realized how much she needed one.

As she was getting ready, her eye caught something underneath the bed. She bent over and picked it up, it was a violet box with a letter. Opening the box, she gasped, inside was a sparkling diamond necklace, her absolute favorite. Next, she opened the letter:

My Katy,

It's your special day, your birthday! I know a card and a necklace isn't much, but I didn't know what else to get you, sorry love. A thousand necklaces cannot express my love for you, you've helped me through my tough times and you never have up on us no matter what challenges we faced.

I know we've had our ups and downs, but nothing can tear us apart, because our love is too pure and too strong to describe in words. Honey, I wish you a happy birthday.

Love,

John

Tears sprung to her eyes as she started crying, there was so much going on in her life right now, she needed help from someone, anyone, but who?

"I guess a shower would be the answer..." Katy got up and headed into the shower. She slowly hummed a song to drain out all the sounds outside, all she wanted right now was peace and quiet, nothing more than that.

Two weeks later...

It's been two weeks since the incident and Katy hasn't let John or Alana come near her, she does feel really bad, but you can't blame her because they are like strangers to her. She's basically just been out shopping all day long, away from people that she thought she knew.

John hadn't done much either, he would cry everyday and so would Alana. He feels like the whole world has just ended, he tries to make her remember things, but she refuses to let him come anywhere near her!