Chapter 38: Ecstacy

Alana's P.O.V.

Things have been going pretty well in the family right now, it's been two weeks since the series of death events occurred and we have just about finished recovering.

Mom is taking a break from her tour and Hollywood is giving me another month of break before auditions, after they heard about what had happened. There is some very shocking news, mom put me in school! I don't do school, I do movies!

Well here I am after having a total meltdown about the news, in my room washing my face while mom is downstairs with Shannon. "School's starting tomorrow and I have to find a disguise...I'm all over the stupid internet right now."

Cooper was out playing football with dad, I don't see what's so interesting with a ball that has nothing to do with your foot! I ran downstairs and jumped onto the couch, startling them. "Alana...feeling better now?" Mom asked.

"No, I don't get why on earth I have to go to school when you didn't! It's only for a month, how am I supposed to settle in and actually learn something?" I rolled my eyes as she pulled me in for an awkward hug, "You'll make friends, I promise."

"That's not what I'm worried about! They'll only want to become friends with me because you're my mother and I'm like the most famous teen actress right now!" I slumped into her arms as she gently stroked my hair, "Welcome to being a celebrity." Shannon said throwing popcorn at me playfully, making me groan.

"Ugh Shannon you're not helping! But some popcorn does sound good right now...hand it over." I reached for the popcorn, but just as I was about to grab it, I fell onto the ground and laughter burst from her mouth. "Shannon Woodward!" My mom scolded.

"Do you wanna have some girl mom, dad totally forgot about me when Cooper requested to play football." I looked up at mom, "I guess that would be nice, we could go to the mall and get some things for you!" I rolled my eyes, back to school things.

I weakened my body as Shannon tried to pull me up, "Oh come on, every person has to set foot in some kind of school right?" The next thing I knew, she let go and I crashed onto the ground again. "Ow...mommy!" I said pouting my lips, and to my surprise, she just started laughing.

"It's not very nice to laugh when your best friend just hurt your only daughter!" Katy smiled and walked into the kitchen, are you serious? "Come on, get into the car kiddo." Shannon said lifting me up, I groaned as mom tossed me a bottle of lemonade, I caught it but dropped it because it was so cold.

They both looked at me like I was weird or something, which I probably was. "Sorry, the lemonade is so cold, um...I'll drink it when we get back." Mom nodded and I picked up the bottle and set it down on to the island in the kitchen before running to the backyard.

Dad and Cooper were out there throwing the football around, they have sweat stains on their shirts how gross! "Mom, Shannon and I are going to go shopping okay?" I yelled, dad missed his catch and the football whacked him in the stomach, "Oh my goodness are you okay?" I said worried, rushing towards him.

"I'm fine, thanks. Everyone's gonna get hurt in football, it's the rule right bud?" He said nudging Cooper in the ribs, "Yeah, Alana catch!" I screamed as the ball hit my chest, sending me straight into the swimming pool. The cold water surrounded my body and I was freezing.

Down in the water, I could hear laughter, then a series of shouts. I kicked my legs and shot my head back up into the air and gasped for air, mom and Shannon then dragged me out. I'm a great swimmer and all, it's just that I can't really swim in high-heels or in shock.

Mom wrapped a towel around me and I glared at dad and Coop, who were straining themselves from laughing. "I hate you guys so much, you knew that I was going to go shopping! And you RUINED MY MAKEUP!" I screamed in Coop's face.