Chapter 30: Devastated

Alana's P.O.V.

I had a total meltdown when I heard that the premiere was already over, how was I supposed to find my birth mother now? I literally smacked everything that was in my way, I haven't acted this way since I was born! I hate the new me, but I just found out like the worst secret any teenager could discover!

Norman approached me as I was taking deep breaths, I calmed down a while ago and I think I'm a lot better now. I was just sitting on a large rock that I had no clue how it had gotten there in the first place.

He turned on his tablet and clicked on news for Katy Perry and John Mayer, a video came up and I gasped, tears springing to my eyes. "Your mom and dad were on their way back for you, but they're in the hospital now, your mom got crushed by a car."

I immediately stood up, making me light-headed. "Norman, what am I going to do! This is all my fault, if I hadn't gone out to look for my birth mother none of this would have happened! Do you know why I was put up for adoption?" I asked suddenly.

"Yes, I'm not supposed to tell you this, but I think you have the right to know that your adoptive parents saved your life." I squinted my eyebrows in confusion, "Just because they apparently adopted me doesn't mean they literally saved me." But he only shook his head.

"You were a failed abortion, your birth mother was 17 when she tried to abort you. When she found out that you somehow magically survived, she tried to squeeze you to death, she tried to kill you Alana because she needed to get her career. Katy and John were in the hospital that day were Shannon had crashed into a tree, so when Katy heard all the screaming and commotion in that room, she went in and said she would adopt you, she saved your life Alana, but you literally wrecked hers."

My mouth fell open, my mother tried to...kill me? "You're kidding, right? Please tell me you're kidding." I put my hand onto my head and calmed down my breathing, another lie. "So basically I wasn't supposed to survive, there should be no me right now." He didn't nod, although we both knew that was the case.

"Can you at the very least take me to the hospital where Katy adopted me, I don't care what happened, I need to see her." I begged, I couldn't believe how selfish I was being right now, my adoptive parents just got into a terrible car crash an in still begging my guard to take me to see the person that tried to kill me. Now that I think about it, this probably is the wrong move.

"You don't care at all about your parents, the ones that raise you? I don't care how horrible parents they are, but they still saved your life and raised you til today." I started choking on my tears, "But what if my mother changed, what if she wants to see me? I have to try, please Norman, just let me see her." He sighed before finally agreeing, and that was only because I'm his boss.

Sometimes, it does feel good to boss other people around, especially when you're only 14. We got into the limo and I looked at Cooper, he looked at me for a second before unbuckling his seatbelt and moving to the other side of the limo. It broke my heart to see him make that move, but I know that I broke his heart way more.

We arrived at the hospital two hours later, that's when I realized how hungry I was, but I could care less. I walked into the hospital and leaned on the counter, "Can I see Alana Mayer's birth certificate please?" The lady shuffled some things and handed me a piece of paper.

"Honey you do realize that you're adopted right?" I nodded, "Do you remember Olivia Watson, she's my um...birth mother." The lady smiled and wrote something onto a piece of paper and handed it to me. "She works here, oh my goodness how did I get so lucky?" I exclaimed, "She's on break right now so just go to the fifth floor and second door to your right, it has her name on it if you get lost."