Chapter 21: Realization

Katy's P.O.V.

I opened my eyes and looked around my surroundings, the doctors all had happy looks on their faces, and that's when my memory start filling itself up again. They pulled John outside, and I could tell he didn't want to leave me, but what had to be done had to be done.

Alana had a huge smile on her face, and when I saw my baby girl, tears came flowing out as I whispered, "Come here baby, mommy missed you." I couldn't really talk loudly because I just survived from a deadly poison, but who cares.

Alana ran into my arms the second I finished talking and she started crying, "Shh it's okay, don't cry baby, I'm here now and I'm not going to leave you, I promise." I pulled her onto my bed and I pulled the covers over her, she was so thin but she had grown taller, I could see that.

I wrapped an arm around her body and pulled her close in towards me, the other hand I placed on her waist to keep her from falling off the bed. She continued sobbing, "Mommy I miss you, no more bikes for you." What, bikes? That's probably the fake story John made up, so I just decided to go along with it.

"Okay, no more bikes, where did you stay while mommy was in the hospital?" I asked, "Auntie Angela's." I got to thank Angela, she's always there for me no matter what. "Were you a good girl?" She looked up at me with a scared expression, "No, I cry a lot, mommy I'm sorry." This set her off again, she began to cry.

"No sweetie why are you crying, it's okay, just tell me why you were crying a lot?" That was stupid of me, I knew the answer I just needed to hear it come out of her mouth, I rarely had time to just hug her like this, and I could tell that she didn't want this moment to end, and neither did I.

That's when John entered the room, which brought a pretty big smile to my face. "Katy, the doctors said that all the poison in your bloodstream just magically disappeared somehow, amazing how life is isn't it?" I smiled, he has no idea does he?

"I missed you so much John, you have no idea." He came over and hugged me, I heard soft sobbing, "Don't cry John, there's no reason to cry honey, I'm all better now right?" He lifted his head up and looked at me in the eyes, yep, he was crying.

"This happened because of me, I should have watched you more carefully! I promised myself, but I failed myself time after time, it's just so not fair to you! I'm just not good enough for you." I shut my eyes, no, this is the last thing I need, tears came running out of my eyes.

"John, please don't leave me, I'm not good for you. You're always there to protect and watch out for me, it's me that's not enough for you..." He wrapped his arms around me and placed his lips on mine, I would have deepened it if Alana weren't here.

"I love you so much Katy, so, so much." He mumbled into our kiss, "Eww..." Came Alana's voice, I pulled away laughing. "Aww sweetheart, are you happy that mommy is awake now?" John asked picking her up, "Yay!" He kissed her cheek and that's when Shannon came running into the room.

"I heard that woman is up, make way for the queen!" She said posing in a really weird way, John sat down on a chair with Alana in his lap as I just sighed and rolled my eyes, "You're so embarrassing Shannon, oh my goodness." I couldn't help but laugh.

"Looks like you're up, don't worry, we beat Russell up for good, he's in jail now and hopefully you won't get him out again." I shook my head and hugged her tightly, "I'm so sorry Shannon, I didn't know the truth about why you took Alana, it was because of Russell and I shouldn't have just blamed you like that, I should have known that you would never do anything like that to me."

"Well I'm glad you realized because I honestly didn't know how I would have told you, anyways, I know you hate hospital food so I bought like 20 tacos for you guys, mainly for me..."