Chapter 18: My missing puzzle piece

Katy's P.O.V.

The jet landed and I hopped off the plane, during the flight, I puked 3 times and fainted twice. I don't remember being this sick when I was pregnant with Alana, but then again I don't remember being on a plane with her anyways, so I just shrugged off the thought.

Bradford put his hand on my back and led me into the prison main entrance, everyone gasped when I appeared. "She's here to talk to Russell Brand." Bradford said to the captain, he nodded and led me down a dark hallway.

We arrived in front of a door, "He's right in there, just go in when you're ready." I nodded and took a deep breath before opened the door. Russell was sitting in the corner of the room, he gasped when he saw me enter.

I shut the door behind me and smiled nervously at him, "Katy, what are you doing here?" He asked standing up, "Russell, I'm not here for any other reasons, I'm just here to tell you something." I said with a blank and nervous face.

"And what's that?" I took a deep breath and played with the edge of my shirt nervously, "I'm...I'm pregnant with your child." His jaw fell open and the two, or shall I say three of us just stood there staring at each other for a few minutes before I finally broke it, "Well now that you know, I'm going to leave."

Before I laid my hand on the doorknob, he started speaking, "Wait Katy, you flew all the way over here just to tell me?" His voice had a mixture of...I don't really know how to describe it. "Well I thought you had the right to know, you are in on this anyways."

"But you're married to John, you don't want me tagging along." I almost choked on the air between us, why is he being so good all of a sudden? "It's fine, John understands, I hope."

"Are you sure you don't want an abortion, this could ruin your family?" My face softened, "Russell, I'm not going to abort this child, and it won't ruin my family, didn't you always want a child when we were together, I never gave you one remember?" Tears started forming in both of our eyes.

"Russell, I'm not giving up on this baby, once he or she is born, I'll come and visit you every once in a while. They should know you're their father, even though the way I got pregnant wasn't the happiest way. Why did you kidnap me in the first place?" I said suddenly getting angry.

"You know that I regret divorcing you, I miss you so much. I think about you every night, I don't know what got into me that day I asked for the divorce. A week later, that's when I realized how much I hurt you. I never meant anything else, I just suddenly got hot-headed because you didn't want to have children with me, at that time, I thought you thought that I wasn't good enough for you, so that's why I ended the marriage."

That's why he divorced me, because he thought he wasn't good enough for me? I misunderstood him this whole time, "Why...why didn't you tell me, why did you just divorce me instead?" I placed my hand on my heart, afraid that it might break any moment.

"I knew you weren't happy with me, and I didn't want to put you under any more stress since you were on so many such a big tour at that time. But I didn't know how wrong I was until I finally had some time to think to myself." My mouth fell open as I slowly walked up to him.

"Russell, you always have a place in my heart. No matter what happened between us, I could never forget you because you were my first truly loved one, you were my husband for almost two years. Why didn't you just tell me?"

"I knew you would say what you just said, I knew you would lie to me, and I didn't want to hurt you anymore, or so I thought." He brought his hand up to my face and gently wiped the tears off, "Katy, I'm so sorry, I really didn't know what I put you through." He whispered.