Chapter 10: The Consequences

After driving for another 10 minutes, they appeared at Hollywood's largest and most famous mall. "We're here girls!" John said opening the door for them, Alana ran out and bolted into the street, "Alana, no!" Both of their faces turned deathly pale as a car approached their baby, but Alana didn't quite notice it.

Katy started running towards her and jumped onto her, knocking both of them onto the ground safely away from the car, but if Katy was even a second later, Alana would have gotten hit by the car.

And as usual and expected, flashes started going off. A mother just saved her daughter from a car accident, titles the latest magazine.

Katy's arm was safely secured around Alana's waist, Katy was the most hurt since she did the dive and Alana was on top of her. John rushed up to them and picked Alana up, "Alana, why would you run into street packed with cars?" John scolded as he helped Katy up, but she gasped and fell into his arms.

"John..." She clutched her back and shut her eyes in pain, "Sweetheart what's wrong?" He asked very concerned, "What do you think Mr. Smartie Pants?" She said rudely, but who could blame her?

"I'm sorry, do you need to go to the hospital?" He asked, "No John, just give me a second. I slid across the concrete with Alana on me, what do you think, that literally killed my back!" She joked, finally able to stand up straight.

"The good thing is that you're only 30, so you're still very young. You being only 30 makes me ancient." He joked, "Oh honey stop it, age doesn't matter!" Katy's eyes diverted to Alana, who was standing there silently staring at the ground, "John, you can let go of me now, but a massage would be appreciated right now."

He nodded and let go of her as she bent down, "Sweetie, look at mommy." Katy said wrapping her arms around Alana, "No, mommy hates me now." She said still not turning around.

"Mommy doesn't hate you, I'm just a little disappointed in you for running into a street packed with cars, just don't do that again okay?" Alana nodded and finally turned around, "Mommy hurt herself to save me."

"Sweetie you're my world, if there's something I could do to protect you I would, even if it means risking my own life, it doesn't matter, what matters if your safety, remember that okay?" Alana nodded, "Now, shall we go shopping?" Katy asked extending her hand, "Yes mommy!"

They soon had tons of bags and guess who was carrying them, John! "Wait up, seriously?" He asked as Katy threw another bag in his face, "Careful, that has precious perfume in it!" Katy yelled as he caught it, but right when he caught that one, another bag slipped out of his arms making Katy and Alana laugh.  

"You people seriously are bullying me here." He joked back as the mother and daughter went into a doll store.

"Oh mommy, can we please buy this barbie doll?" Katy took a close look and it was a Taylor Swift barbie doll, "Sweetie, do you know who that is?" Katy asked holding the doll, "A barbie girl!"

"Can you chose another one, please?" Alana sighed before nodding, "Thank you honey, it's just that mommy doesn't like her dress." Katy lied, Alana nodded and grabbed another barbie doll.

"Come on, let's go pay for it." Katy paid for the doll and once again threw it onto John. "It's about lunch time, Alana what would you like to eat?" Katy asked, "Burger King!" She yelled, "Okay, let's go!"

After they ate, they shopped for a while more before getting back into the car. In total, Katy bought 10 dresses for herself, 3 barbie dolls and a dress for Alana and some perfume and other things for herself. "I'm so tired right now." Katy said getting into the car.

"You weren't the one holding all the bags sweetheart." He joked, "John, you and I are going to have a talk when we get home, don't think that I forgot everything you did before the accident." Katy said as John sighed, "I just didn't want to let Alana see us arguing again, she has been hurt enough." The drive home was silent except for the fact that Alana was constantly singing Let it Go with her newest barbie doll.