Chapter 17: Happiness?

Katy's P.O.V.

John and I arrived at Shannon's house within 5 minutes, it's really amazing how close all of us live. John got out of the car and held the door open, but I just continued staring at the ground. I don't know why, but I was so nervous to meet my own daughter, it's weird really. John gently placed his hand on my arm, "Come on Katy, you can do this, I'll be right behind you if she tried anything."

I smiled at how protective he was, so I nodded and got out. He wrapped an arm around my waist and we walked to her front porch, "John, press the doorbell." He did as I told him and seconds later, Alana opened the door and ran into John's arms. "Daddy, I missed you so much!" As I watched John swing Alana around, it made tears leak out of the corner of my eyes.

John noticed and put Alana down, she looked at me for a second before running towards me and grabbing my legs. My mouth fell open and so did John's, this was a hospital miracle! I didn't wait another second before bending down and wrapping my arms around her delicate little body.

"Alana, the days that you didn't talk to mommy, mommy felt so lonely and I felt like the world had just crashed. But I want you to remember, no matter how you treat me, I will always love you because you're my girl, you will always be mommy's little girl." More tears came rushing out of my eyes and I could feel that Alana was crying as well, because her whole body was shaking in my arms.

"Mommy I love you." Just those four words made me start crying again, I honestly thought I'd never hear them ever again. "Oh baby I love you to, more than you could ever imagine. But why are you suddenly hugging me again?" I asked pulling away, her sparkling eyes met mine and that's when I noticed how much thinner she was, that's not good, I'm going to fatten her up soon.

"Because mommy was in the hospital so many times because of me." Her head dropped down and I stood up, "Yes I was, but I'm all better now right?" She slowly nodded as I picked her up, John came and wrapped both arms around us. This moment, just this very moment made me have the slightest bit of happiness. "I love you Katy, forever and always." John whispered into my ear, I was about to reply when Shannon stepped out.

We broke the family hug and I sighed, "Oh Katy, you're alright!" I didn't smile back, she was the reason that caused Alana to not talk to me for almost two weeks. "Well Shannon, Alana is going to live with me from now on, and we're gonna give her actual food, look at how bony she is!"

Shannon walked closer to me with a serious expression on her face, my grip tightened on Alana even though I know she wouldn't hurt us. I could see John was tensing up as well, but I motioned for him to stay put.

"I was just trying to help you Katy, I watched Alana when you and John were busy, you should thank me." I laughed, "You told Alana things like to stay away from me, haven't you ever thought that a daughter is inseparable from her mother? They are linked together like peas in a pod, no matter how far apart they are, they always find a way back together." I said confidently.

"Then why don't we ask Alana herself who she wants to be with?" I was getting annoyed with her games, "Why don't you just back up, why are you trying to steal my daughter from me? If you want to hang out with her, I'm totally fine, you just can't take her entirely away from her family. We raised her Shannon, she would chose John and I over you, you're just a friend."

Alana lifted her head up from my shoulder, "Mommy I wanna go home, I'm tired and hungry." She said pouting her lips, which brought a smile back onto my face. "Okay honey, let's go." I glared at Shannon before walking back to the car, John right behind us.

I sat in the back with Alana this time, "So Alana, what would you like to eat?" I asked as she buckled up her seat belt. "I wanna food." I smiled at her incorrect grammar and adorable baby accent, "Sweetie I know, but what kind of food?" She thought for a second, "Burger and juice!"