Chapter 46: Miracles do happen

Author's note: Just a quick for your information, there will be some crossing over with the characters of the TV show Hawthorne in this chapter, it's a medical drama show, you'll see how it all fits in.

Katy's P.O.V.

I gasped in horror as I watched Olivia throw Alana across the room, watched her as she crashed onto the wall and falling unconscious immediately. "ALANA!" I screamed running towards her, Olivia looked very surprised, which she should be.

"Oh my goodness, someone call 9-1-1!" I tried to find a pulse, but there was none, I cannot believe I let something like this happen. I'm so heartless. She must have been through so much, there's blood all over her body and it looks like her bones are broken as well.

"No one's calling that forbidden number, she's already dead, it's no use Katy." I clenched my fists, but I forced myself to calm down because it wouldn't do Alana any good if I were to kill her right now. "Baby stay strong, help is on it's way."

I kissed her bloody forehead and wrapped my arms around her gently, and sobbed. "Okay, they should be here any minute...I'm going to get rid of Olivia." John said putting his hand on my back, I didn't even look up, I was too caught with my little moment.

Out of the corner of my eye I saw Olivia charging towards me, I couldn't care, physically or mentally. I was just so done, this is all my fault. I have failed as a mother, I should have been there for her, the only reason she's grown so rebellious was because of me, I never spent mother daughter time with her.

Olivia never reached me though, I looked up to see nurses rushing into the room and Olivia pinned to the ground by one of the police officers. I let out another stream of happy tears this time as they strapped her onto a gurney, "Ma'am, we're going to have to get you tested as well okay? And don't worry, we got your daughter, she'll be just fine."

As if she just read my mind, I had no other choice. I took one last look at Alana before laying down on the gurney, it felt so good to lay down again. They must have injected something into me, because the next thing I knew, I started blacking out.

Nurse Bobbie's P.O.V.

I could tell she was suffering, not only was it shown in her eyes, but also in her body. "Hand me a syringe of thiopental please." I said to one of my coworkers, once I got it, I carefully injected it into her arm and she almost immediately went limp on the gurney.

I scanned my eyes over to Alana, wow she looked terrible. "Get an oxygen mask on her quickly!" I yelled rushed over as soon as a mask was handed to me, I strapped it onto her nose and mouth and started pumping oxygen. "Okay get her into the ambulance, quickly."

We got her loaded into the ambulance along with Katy, well the only reason Katy's unconscious was because I made it that way, technically it's my fault she looks dead right now.

"Bobbie, heart rate dropping fast." I quickly snapped out of my thoughts and looked over at the heart monitor, "Oh my goodness, hand me the automated external defibrillator now!" I yelled, "Charge to 150!" I grabbed the handles and rubbed them together before pressing it onto her chest and shocking her.

"It's not working!" Kelly yelled, "Charge up to 200!" I shocked her once more and her heart rate slowly went up, "It's slowly going to normal now, we should be good for a while until the doctors take a look at her. She's gotten many broken bones, is her head wrapped up yet?" I asked.

"Half way done, I still don't get why a mother would harm her own child..." Kelly said sadly, "Well, she was a failed abortion, and the mother probably had an abortion for a reason Kelly." She sighed, looks like everyone has their own problems...