Chapter 2

Nicole Pov -
Christina looked at me and I gave her the signal to jump and we did.
I fell down and hit my head on the small rocks that lay everywhere.
We stared to laugh but stopped when we heard a deep voice behind me.
"Hey, listen up. I'm one of your leaders, Eric. This is the only way in to dauntless and if you don't dare to jump you don't fit in, in Dauntless" he said looking at me before looking away. "Someone gonna go first, who is it gonna be?" he asked. I looked over on everyone but no one said something. I looked over at Eric and took a deep breath.
"Me" I said. Eric looked at me without saying anything. I went up to the edge where he stood, without saying anything he jumped down and walked past me. I looked over the edge and saw a big whole in the ground. I couldn't see what was in the bottom.
I carefully pulled off my jacket and put it on the edge. I stepped up on the edge and looked down.
I heard a deep breath behind me
"today, stiff" I heard Eric say behind me. I took a breath before jumping, after falling through the air, I soon felt something catch me and throw me back in the air again.
I felt someone drag the net and I looked up and saw a guy.
"Did you get pushed?" he asked.
"No?" I said and he helped me down.
"Your name?"
"Nicole" I said.
"First jumper: Nicole. Welcome to Dauntless" I smiled.
"The dauntless born, go with Lauren and the others stay with me" He said out loud. Lauren and the Dauntless born left us.
"I spend most of my time in Erudite but during your training I am your instructor, my name is Four" he said and looked over at us. He turned around and stared walk away.
"Follow me" he nodded and we walked after him.

He showed us everything in Dauntless. I liked it, but I didn't like our room, both guys and girls in the same room and there is no toilet doors.
I hope it will be better soon..