Tsukishima x Reader

Hey guys!!!!! Another one shot for Tsukishima! I hope you like it ^.^

••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••

Everyday that you spent with him, were the best days of your life. He may be cold-hearted on the outside, but on the inside, he treated you like how a prince would treat his princess. But, this isn't a fairy tale, not all things end with a 'happily ever after.'  The day where you got the call about his accident, made your heart drop so low, you felt as if it stopped beating.

Tsukishima was in a train accident. He was late to his volleyball game, and he insisted that the team would go on without him, and so they did. Tsukishima asked you on the phone if you wanted to come with him, but you had to work at your part time job.

The very last moment you saw his face was at school the day before the accident. You two were going to hang out, but he couldn't because of practice. So, you made plans on visiting him and the Karasuno team after you got off of work, but obviously, that never happened.

You were conflicted with your emotions. Were you glad that you didn't go on the train with him? Or were you regretting not going on the train, being with him when you both died?

'Being with him until the end is the best thing possible.'

That thought ran through your head everyday since you fell in love with him. But you can no longer complete that wish that you so desperately desired.

'He's gone, so what do I do now?'

You sat by his grave, staring at his name on the tombstone. If you had the chance to do this all again, to make sure he doesn't go on the train that day, you would do it in a heartbeat. Your friends were calling you an angel and strong like a hero for going through this pain. But in reality, you weren't no angel nor a hero. You were just a girl who loved a boy that was taken away from you in an instant.

It's not easy to let go. You didn't have the courage to let go of him. As time went on, you thought it would've been best to join him, but you knew that he wouldn't want you to do that. Placing flowers on his grave every couple days gets harder and harder for you each time you see him.

He wouldn't like all this "lovey dovey" that you did for him, like putting flowers on his grave, or you telling him how much you missed him. Tsukishima would want you to let him go and forget, because he knew from the start that you deserved someone better than him.

He told you countless times that you deserved someone other than him, but you always ignored his statement and told him that he was the one you've been yearning for your whole life.

But now, he's gone.

Looking up at the sky, you noticed the sky was getting darker. The clouds covered the sun, and it began sprinkling out of nowhere. A raindrop fell on your face, and you started to smile.

~Flashback~

You and Tsukishima were walking home, until it suddenly started raining.

"Aw man, should we just wait or should we keep going?" You asked, protecting your face with your hand. Tsukishima looked up at the sky, then looked straight.

"We should keep going, it won't lighten up anytime soon." He responded, continuing to walk ahead of you. You walked his pace and caught up with him.

"Kei-kun, Yamaguchi-kun told me you were into dinosaurs, is that true?" You asked him, covering your mouth to prevent you from laughing. Tsukishima suddenly stopped walking and looked away.

"It's not big of a deal..." He replied, putting his hands in his pockets.

"It's not like I'm making fun of you! I'm just surprised you haven't told me." You laughed, patting his back.

"Whatever, let's keep walking before we get soaked." Tsukishima ended, grabbing your hand and walked. Giggling at his awkwardness, you looked up at his face, noticing raindrops on his glasses.

"Kei-kun, your glasses are wet." You pointed out. He ignored your statement and keep walking.

'Did he just ignore me?'

You twitched your eyebrow and pulled on his sleeve.

"HEY! YOUR GLASSES ARE WET! CLEAN THEM SO YOU WON'T FALL!" You screamed into his ear.

"I don't need to clean them ___, they're fine." He answered back calmly. You looked at him for a couple seconds and sighed.

"Whatever~ just don't fall." You muttered, wiping some rain off of your forehead. And right as you said that, Tsukishima tripped on a bump he didn't see.

You watched the whole thing and tried not to laugh.

"___, don't laugh. I di-"

"HAHAHA! I TOLD YOU! YOU WERE GOING TO TRIP BUT NOOOOOO YOU DECIDED TO IGNORE ME! THAT'S WHAT YOU GET!" You laughed hysterically. You were laughing so hard, that noise wasn't even coming out, you were just like...making the face.

"Sh-shut up. When you fall I'll laugh too." He mumbled, finally cleaning his glasses.

~End of Flashback~

You smiled at the memory. The nostalgia was really getting to you.

Has it really been 6 months since the accident? Time felt slow to you, but at the same time, the day would end in a blink of an eye. Getting up from the ground, you looked at his grave once more.

"I'm moving to America Kei-kun. You always pushed me to follow my dreams of being a ____ (whatever you want to be), and I'm finally getting an opportunity at this. Studying abroad is step one from this, but then..." Your lips quivered and breathed deeply, "I won't be able to come here until I get back."

A tear and/or raindrop fell down your face, you couldn't even tell the difference.

"You know, things have been really different. The team still tries their best to make up for your skill, but you should see them in their games. 'THIS ONE IS FOR TSUKKI!' Yamaguchi-kun always dedicated a spike for you. Everyone else does too." You turned your body so your back could face the grave.

"I don't know if I'll be able to visit tomorrow, my plane leaves early. But I promise I'll bring back a little dinosaur for you." You laughed and tears streamed down your face.

"Bye bye, Kei-kun."

••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••

I HOPE EVERYONE LIKED THIS ONE SHOT!!!!!!!!!!  I'm sorry if it was sad enough to make you feel sad! I deeply apologize but eh, it's okay xD.