{chapter eight}

Skylar's POV

I wake up still in Peter's arms. I look up and smile at him. He's cute when he's sleeping. I place a hand on his cheek, gently rubbing my thumb back and forth, just smiling at the boy sleeping in front of me. I cuddle back up to him, as memories from last night flashed in my mind. I squeezed my eyes shut so no tears would leak out.

"Yo, Pa-" I hear from behind me. I don't move or even open my eyes again. "Pan. Get up," Pan groans and moves slightly. I cuddle closer to him.

"Sky. Up," he says, putting on his tough guy act for the boy in the tent. I shake my head and hold him tighter. I let the tears fall.

"Oh, Sky..." he whispers, laying down and holding me.

"The memories keep flashing back..." I mumble.

"Brady just come back later... I'll talk to you soon..." Peter says. I hear someone shuffle out of the room. Peter holds me tight, squeezing me with a comforting strength. He brushes my hair out of my face and kisses my forehead.

"Are you gonna be okay, sweetheart?" He whispers. I shrug as I cuddle closer to him.

"Just hold me," I mumble. He pulls me close to him and he nuzzles his head in the crook of my neck. He pulls the blanket over our heads and pulls away to look at me.

"I'm sorry. I'm so sorry..." he whispers.

"It's okay, Peter. If it weren't for you, I wouldn't be here right now. Thank you,"

"I love you, Skylar. I'd do anything for you. You don't have to thank me for anything..."

"Peter... I - I think I love you, too," I whisper, placing a hand on his cheeks. He breaks into a huge smile and squeezes me so tight, wanting me closer. He nuzzles his head back into my neck as he holds me.

"That great!" He mumbles against my skin. I smile. I've never had anyone love me, and I had no idea how amazing it felt. He keeps mumbling "I love you" over and over again as he peppers me with kisses. He holds me close and cuddles with me without another word needing to be said. He cradles my head and pulls me into his best. His head lays slightly on top of mine as he cuddles me. His breathing starts to even out in bigger breaths, and he lets out a small snore every now and then. I smile at the beautiful boy and lay there with him. I was just about about to drift back off when someone enters the tent.

"Pan," I hear from behind me. Peter only groans and puts his leg up, his knee meeting my hip as he leaned his body against me.

"Pan!" The boy says louder. Peter doesn't move. I close my eyes and try to ignore him.

"Peter Pan, get your ass up!" The boy yells. Peter finally opens his eyes, bringing his head up from mine.

"Brady, what the hell?" He mumbles. He looks down at me, caressing my face gently. "You're lucky you didn't wake Skylar..."

"I didn't wake Skylar? You were the one snoring freakishly loud and like, mounting her,"

"It's called cuddling, dumbass. Now what do you want?"

"In all your time making sure Skylar recovered, you've been neglecting Johnny. He barely stops crying, he needs help, Pan,"

"I talked to him last night. He was fine. Why're you really in here?"

"Fine. You caught me. The boys want to know what's up in here. Felix told us everything. We've heard some things through the fabric,"

"Just fuck off," Peter mumbles before cuddling back to me. I was tired, and even as the boys talked, I slipped back off to sleep.