{chapter thirty two}

Peter Pan's POV

I couldn't find them for a while, and I ended up using a spell. They were at the ship, waiting to get on. I materialize there fast. They had my boys - including little John. By the time I'm there, I'm so weak I can't walk. I needed the heart so bad. I was running out of time. John sees me before the rest. He gasps and runs over to me, hugging me. It was impossible to hate the little guy. They all look my way. Felix runs over to Sky and me.

"Thank God I didn't have to go with them," he says. The other boys look curious. I couldn't hold on anymore. I pass out.

Skylar's POV

"He's dying, isn't he?" I ask, tears welling up in my eyes. I take John from Peter and hand him to Felix.

"Yes. Finally," Rumple says. I kneel next to his lifeless body.

"There has to be a way! I need him!" I sob. Emma looks at me, sorrow filling her face.

"Oh God... I believed. Why wasn't that enough?!" I sob, laying my head on his chest, that barely rose and fell. I then see a trail of golden, pure magic come from Henry's chest and into my own.

"It's you. You're the truest believer..." Regina says. I rip out my own heart.

"So this'll help him?" I ask, through the tears.

"You'll kill yourself,"

"But it'll help him?"

"Yes, it would," I line my heart up with where his should go.

"Wait!" Snow says. "If you two truly love each other, you can share one heart,"

"I love him, I truly do," I sob.

"Then split your heart," I do it. I don't feel pain. I look up and smile at her. I put half in my own chest, half in Peter's. His eyes slowly open. I watch his irises turn gold for a split second and he smiles weakly at me. I smile hugely.

"Oh God, thank you, thank you, thank you!" I say, running over and hugging Snow. She laughs and hugs back.

"So. We'll let you go. But if your little boyfriend messes with our family again, it won't turn out as well. And these boys, they need a family. A life," Regina says as I walk over to help Peter up.

"Just let them pick, please. They're like my brothers. I can't lose all of them. They can choose what they want," I say. She nods. Felix stays with us. Boyd climbs on the ship. So does Tyler. My heart drops. Brady looks between me and Emma.

"Have you changed back, Skylar? Are you gonna be nice again?" He asks. I nod.

"Of course. I promise," I say. He comes over next to Felix. John's placed in the middle.

"Jonny? Do you want to go and find new parents with them? Or do you want to stay here with us?" I ask him. He walks over to Peter and hold his arms up. Peter smiles at the little boy and picks him up.

"Does that mean your staying with us?" Peter asks. He nods happily. I smile. Henry comes over to us and gives me a hug goodbye before climbing on the ship with his family. Brady and Felix go back to camp. Peter keeps John in his arms and the three of us watch the ship disappear before going back ourselves.