{chapter fourty}

Skylar's POV

It meant so so much to me, and it was hard to believe I gave it up - An original copy of the Peter Pan story. The cover was worn, the front cover barely hanging on. The pages were yellowed from time.

"You always loved this story," he says.

"It gave me hope. I just wished that maybe one day, I'd get as lucky as Wendy. I'd never have to worry about my parents ever again,"

"I guess your wish came true,"

"Yeah. And it's better than I would've thought," I say, smiling.

"So how much?" I ask.

"It's yours,"

"I have to pay you for at least one of these,"

"Fine. 2 bucks,"

"No. How much it's actually worth," I say. He sighs.

"Well, the books not in the great of condition. The picture on the front is faded, the pages are yellow, and the covers almost non-existent. But, the age adds slight value so - 10 bucks," he says. I sigh and pull out a ten dollar bill, handing it to him. He puts the two items in a bag, wrapping the chain in a small box you would think jewelry would come in before placing it on top of the book. He hands the bag to me. I look around the shop a bit.

"Skylar. What're you looking for?" He asks.

"I just want to see if there's anything else I want to buy. Or buy back..." I say with a small laugh.

"Your section is over by the window," he says.

"I have a section?"

"I kept everything you ever pawned next to each other," he says. I smiles and walk over to it.

"Wow. Memories..." I sigh.

"Anything you want?" He asks. I look a bit more, but decide to let him keep everything. I give him a final goodbye, telling him I probably wouldn't see him before I left and I go back to my room. Peter was laying on his back, his head angled slightly back as he snored. John laid on top of him, latching onto him. I smile. I change back into pajamas before climbing in next to them, burrowing under the blankets and falling asleep.

* * *

I wake up with sun shining in the window. John was asleep beside me, but Peter was not. I sit up, seeing him getting dressed on the other side of the room. I get out of bed and get dressed myself. He smiles and helps me get all of my stuff into a small bag I also grabbed from home. I also put some my money in it. If we ever came back, we'd need it. I left a good chunk of it out.

"Why not take it all?" Peter asks.

"I have an idea what to do with the rest," I say, smiling. I put on the small leather back pack that held all my things and wake John. We go downstairs and to the orphanage to get Caleb. When were there, I tell Peter to take the boys and wait for me at the dock. He nods and leaves me for a bit. I go to talk to the mother of the home. She helped take care of me the two years I was here. She was the only good parent I ever knew. I say goodbye, giving her a hug, before handing her the money.

"I want it to go to the orphanage," I say.

"Skylar. This is so much,"

"It's not that much. It looks like a lot, since it's cash. It's only 700,"

"Only 700?"

"That not a lot when taking care of so many kids," She hugs me.

"Thank you, Skylar," she says. I smile and nod.

"It's nothing," She smiles.

"Make sure to come by and visit every one in a while," she says. I nod.

"Of course," I go and run to the dock. Snow, Charming, Henry, and Emma were there. They say goodbye before we fly off, going back to our home.