{prologue}

**please read the warnings in the description of this book before reading. Also, this chapter is freakishly long, and the others will not be near this length so don't freak out.**

Skylar's POV

I was in my room alone, sobbing in the corner as my parents closed in on me. I felt the blood dripping down my face. My parents were extra mad today - and were hitting extra hard. I can't believe they went through the trouble of adopting me if I was just going to be a punching bag. I was punched and slapped by my adoptive mother and father. I was covered in cuts, and I felt blood everywhere. They screamed at me to stop crying and to keep quiet, but it was so hard with all this pain.

They finally left me alone, locking me in my room. I sobbed in full force, letting out all my pain. I wanted to leave here. I wanted go somewhere else. Somewhere where my parents couldn't find me. I believed it was possible, thanks to the curse being recently broken. But - I still somehow don't have my memories. My past is a mystery. There are so many other worlds out there, and I don't know which one I'm from. But I'm sure anything is better than here. And I could get to any of them if I could just find a portal.

I walk to my bathroom, looking in the mirror. What stared back at me scared me. I was bruised, bleeding, cut up and screwed around. I sigh and lock the door, starting the faucet to the bathtub. When I pull my clothes off, I see more scratches, more bruises, and more blood. I sigh and wrap a robe around my self, throwing those clothes in the washing machine before it all stained. I climb in the hot bath, hissing as the steaming water burned my wounds. I grabbed my book, opening up the familiar pages. I had read it a thousand times.

Peter Pan.

If only he were here. If only he could take me to Neverland. I read about Wendy's adventures with pirates, fairies, mermaids, and - best of all - the dashing Peter.

"If only I could be you," I whispered to the book. That's what I wanted - to become Wendy Darling. Have two brothers who cared for me, loving parents - and being able to go to Neverland. She gave it all up so easily. Took that time for granted. My parents told me to grow up. I was 16, but I wanted nothing more to stay young forever.

I got out once my water got cold, wrapping my robe around myself. I find shorts - Nike' Pros, and an oversized t-shirt. I throw my hair in a bun and climb in bed. I kept reading the story, wanting to finish it before bed. God, Peter seemed perfect. I wanted nothing more than to meet him, and to stay in Neverland with him forever.

I put my book down, and turn off my lamp. I laid there in the darkness - and only one thing went through my mind.

"I believe, Peter. I believe," I whisper before drifting off.

* * *

I wake up with warm sands under me, lukewarm water lapping at my feet. I stand up, brushing the grains off me. I look at my surroundings. A beach, with a beautiful lush forest behind it.

"No way..." I gasp.

Neverland.

I wander into the thick green forest, wondering where the hell I was headed. Everything in here looked the same. Suddenly, a boy appears in front of me. He had dirty brown hair, vibrant green eyes, and an outfit that I couldn't help but recognize.

"Hello," he greets with a think British accent.

"Hi...." I breath out in awe of him. This had to be Peter.