{chapter thirteen}

Skylar's POV

I laughed as Peter ran into the forest. He came across a clearing, with beautiful trees all around it. They were laced with pink flowers, and petals had fallen down, covering the entire forest floor. I smile widely as I examined the beautiful sight. Peter kisses my forehead.

"Like it?" He mumbles. I nod and cuddle into him. He uses his magic to create a small picnic. I smile and sit on the blanket as he does the same. He opens it up and hands me a sandwich.

"This is amazing, Peter," I say. He smiles, and kisses my cheek, pulling me to him.

"So what was Neverland like before I got here?"

"It was depressing. I didn't have an ounce of happiness in my life. I was cruel. Terrible to the boys. When you came, you showed me there was good in the world. I was still strict, as you know, but I wasn't near what I used to be,"

"Peter..."

"It's okay. It's over now. You made me better..." he says, pulling me to him. I cuddle into his chest, sighing as I relaxed into him. I look up to him, only to meet his eyes as his gazed at me with a loving look. I smile. I reach  up and place my hand on his cheek, pulling his face down slightly as I connect our lips.

Sparks flew, as cliche as it sounds. But, for some reason there was deja vu - which was very odd. I had only kissed one boy before this, and he was a rat compared to Peter. Peter's lips were soft, and they molded perfectly into my own. Neither of us pull away unless it's for a split second - and only for air. I wrap both arms around his neck, and keep pulling him toward me until we just fall back, him landing on top of me.

We explode into a small laughing fit. He smiles but then covers my entire face in small kisses.

"I love you..." he sings as he kisses my cheek repeatedly. I giggle at his silliness.

"I love you, too, Peter..." I say with a laugh. He pecks my lips one more time before getting up, helping me up as well. I sigh and walk in a small little circle, not completely sure what to do or say next. Then I decide on asking what was bothering me.

"Why didn't you think there was happiness in the world?" I ask him. He glances up at me, his eyes suddenly sad.

"It's a long story about my past.."

"Baby, I want you to tell me everything. I love you, and I want to know these things..."

He sighs before he spills everything he'd been holding back.