{chapter thirty five}

Skylar's POV

We land at the docks, the shaky surface wobbling beneath us. Wendy gasps at the town. I, on the other hand, start getting nervous. What if my parents find me? I think. Peter starts walking and we both follow. He walks to the town center, in front the the library and suddenly Gold, Belle, Snow, Charming, Emma, Henry, Granny, and some other people gather around us.

"This is Wendy," Peter says. "We forgot about her when you left. Her brothers - they live here. Have you heard of them? John and Michael Darling?"

"Yeah. They should be near hear. If not by the docks, then they're probably in Golds shop. Or maybe their room?" Emma says, questioning Charming about the last part.

"I'll check their room," he says, before walking off.

"I'll go to the shop," Belle says, heading towards it. Gold follows her.

"I'll find Hook and see if he's seen them at the dock," Emma says, pulling out her phone and waking back the way we came.

"Why don't you kids come into the diner and get something to eat?" Granny offers. Snow smiles.

"Yeah the journey from Neverland can be long and tiring. Let's go, you three," she says.

"Thank you," Peter says, placing a hand on my back as we follow Granny and Snow. Wendy sits in a booth with Peter and Snow, but I excuse myself and grab a seat on an empty barstool. Granny comes up to me with me usual order from when I lived here.

"Chicken strips, extra crunchy with barbecue sauce and honey mustard on the side. Fries drizzled with ketchup," she says, placing the plate in front of me. Then Ruby places a Dr.Pepper beside the plate before hurrying off to help other customers.

"You remembered?" I ask, picking up the drink and taking a sip.

"It was a bit of an unusual order - but I always remembered what my favorite costumer ordered. Everyone here felt it when you left - you know that, right?"

"It was better that way. If I stayed here I probably wouldn't even be alive today,"

"Well, why not?"

"Has Gold not told anyone yet? I told him what happened in Neverland,"

"Skylar - what happened?"

"Are my parents still alive? Do they still live here?"

"Yeah. They still live on the same corner. Come in everyday for breakfast,"

"They shouldn't be. They shouldn't even be able to live. They shouldn't get that right,"

"Skylar. I knew you never had a strong liking for your parents, but why are you saying these things?"

"Do you remember that one time I came in here and just asked for my Dr. Pepper and an ice pack? When my eye was bruised and my hand was swollen and bleeding?"

"Of course - you really scared me that day,"

"I didn't fall. That's not how I got all of that. My dad came home drunk. He punched me. I panicked and punched out my window once he was gone. And I ran. But when I got here - there was too many possibilities. I had no escape if my parents found out if told on them. Now I do and they can't get away with what they've done,"

"I'm calling David right now," she says, scrambling for a phone.

"Charming?"

"He's the Sheriff," she explain before getting her hands on one.

"You don't have to freak out as much as you are. It's not like they can hurt me now,"

"Skylar - They adopted an eight-year-old boy a couple months after you left,"