{chapter nine}

Peter Pan's POV

"Pan. What's happening? I mean are you dating or not?"

"It's complicated, you little shit. What about fuck off did you not understand?"

"Pan,"

"I don't even know, Brady. Now get out, I want to sleep,"

"Pan, its like 2,"

"Then it's time for you to fuck off,"

"C'mon. We need help with chores and it's not just me that wants you up. It's just everyone else is afraid to come in here and wake you,"

"And they should be because I'm about to beat your ass,"

"And I'm about to beat yours for putting Skylar in that kind of danger,"

"I would never let anything hurt her. And I'm dealing with those mermaids later, I told them don't be an inch off in cue and they were a whole foot. They'll have consequences," The other boys file in.

"Pan. Come on. Get up," Felix says.

"All of you, out!"

"Pan!" Tyler whines. I watch as Johnny tries to squeeze into the tent. Boyd pushes him back, making him fall.

"Hey! Don't pick on him like that. Let the poor kid in," I say. Boyd sighs and makes a small path for him. He walked over to me and climbs on my bed, wrapping his arms around me.

"They scare me, Peta..." he mumbles. I sigh and hold the poor kid. I guess I was kind of neglecting him. Skylar wakes up suddenly, sucking in a huge breath of air as she shot up in her place, arms flying out to catch her. She starts hyperventilating. I put Johnny down, and immediately go to her.

"Sky. Skylar, are you okay?" I ask, placing a hand on her shoulder as I tried to calm her. She was so zoned out I don't even know if she heard me. She put her hands on the side of her head as she started sobbing and screaming.

"Boys. Out. Now," I yelled.

"Like we're the problem?" Tyler shot back. I gave him one look and they were all gone. I pull Sky into my lap but she didn't register it, not even moving to cuddle into me. The screaming stopped only to be replaced with coughing. She leaned over the bed and coughed violently. Then she started coughing up water. Straight crystal clear water. I gasp as dots are suddenly connected in my head. I rip the blankets off and look at her ankle. Sure enough, there was five long bruises in the shape of fingers, and cuts at the nod of each one. If this spell wasn't reversed - her soul would leave her changing body, and she'd become a mermaid. I scoop her into my arms and run outside.

"Felix!" I scream. He runs up to me.

"W-what?"

"You're in charge of all the boys. Keep them inside and safe. Go into that old cellar. And if I don't make it back... the island's yours," I say, before bolting off.

"Pan!" I hear him yell from behind me. I just hold Skylar and run. Tears threatened to come out of my eyes as I watched Skylar suffer. She sobbed and screamed in pain. I tried to hold her legs apart, but magic was drawing them together, trying to mold them into a fin. I let a couple tears fall as I ran to the beach. I blew a conch shell, and I watched as the giant squid came rolling in. I kill it easily, extracting the ink with my powers so I don't touch it. I put it outer Skylar, freezing the spell before it got worse. I pick her up again and run to Mermaid Grove.