{chapter thirty three}

We get back to camp and all of us immediately head back to our tents. Everyone was exhausted. I change quickly and climb under the covers at the same time Peter does. He pulls me to his chest and kisses my forehead.

"I love you, Sky," he whispers.

"I love you, too, Peter," I whisper back.

"No, like I really love you. I was too afraid to tell you earlier, but now you really know that what I feel for you - it's true love. The most powerful magic. The best things that's ever happened to anyone. I truly love you, Skylar Givens,"

"I truly love you, too, Peter. You know it, since you have my heart in your chest, but I truly love you "

"I couldn't be more happy,"

"Neither could I. Now we've had a long day. Let's sleep,"

"Let's," he says, kissing my head once more before we both fall asleep, tangled in each other's arms.

* * *

In the middle of the night, I wake up to crying. I pull myself out of a sleeping Peter's arms and go out to investigate. I found it was coming from John's tent. I go into to find him sitting up on his bed, hugging his knees to his chest as he wept.

"John? What's wrong?" I ask, sitting down next to him.

"I-I had a nightmare..." He whimpers.

"What happened in this dream, John?" I ask.

"Peta really died. So you gave your heart to save him and you died. But it was too late for Peta and you were both gone..." He says. It was adorable how he couldn't pronounce Peter right, but it was sad how he dreamt of this.

"Awe, you poor thing," I say, pulling him into my lap. "Why don't you come crawl in bed with me and Peter?" I ask.

"Peta always told me I wasn't awowed,"

"Well, he's asleep and we can't talk to him. So why don't I just stay here for awhile?" He nods and hugs me. I gently rub his back, protecting him from the bad dreams. Peter walks into the tent a couple minutes later.

"What're you doing?" He mumbles, tired.

"The poor little thing had a bad dream," I say, bouncing John on my knee. Peter takes him from me, holding him with one arm.

"Why don't you come back to our tent, Jonny?"

"You told me I wasn't awowed,"

"I think it's time things changed. You are most definitely allowed in there if you ask us," he says. John nods and hugs him. Peter and I walk back to the tent. Peter puts John in the center of the bed and we each climb on one side of him. We all get close and cuddle up to each other in a tangled ball of bodies. But, we all felt safe and all fell asleep like that.