{chapter fifteen}

Pan's POV

I wrap my arms around Skylar and let more tears fall. I kiss her forehead and lean up against a tree. I gently rub her back as I gather myself together. I lay down and we cuddle on the petal-laced ground.

"I love you, Sky..." I whisper.

"I love you, too..." she whispers back. We lay there, just being a tangled ball of limbs.

"Let's go back to camp, Skylar," I say. She sighs and climbs off me. I hold her hand and we walk back. When we get there the boys just stare. They don't approve. I sigh and walk into my tent. Skylar follows me in. I plop back on my bed.

"I want to be alone," I mumble. Skylar zips up the flaps and sits down next to me. Her hand falls on top of mine.

"I'm not leaving you alone. What's wrong, Peter?" she whispers.

"I-I just can't take their stares. I don't want them to think less of me as a leader,"

"Peter, they don't think less of you. They're just shocked, I mean a two days ago I was trying to run away from you and calling you a 'perv'. It's a big transition. Just give them a little time. And besides, where's that evil Pan that wouldn't let anyone get away with glaring at him?" I smile, and laugh a bit. I kiss her cheek and scoop her up. I spin her around before setting her down. She giggles and laughs. Oh, her laugh, it was a heavenly sound. I grab her hand and we walk out again. The boys had gone back to playing, but I get a rushing feeling.

"Someone's one the island," I say. "Felix!" I call.

"What?" He yells back, walking over to me.

"Gather the boys, and get to the beach. Someone's here," I say.

"It's him, isn't it?" He asks. I use magic to see. It's Henry Mills.

"Yeah. It's Henry. Move fast,"

"Henry? Henry Mills?" Skylar asks me.

"Do you know him?"

"Yeah, and I personally hate him. He was always complaining about being adopted but at least he had someone who loved him. Meanwhile, my parents beat the crap out of me. He was seriously 4 years younger than me, but still made me furious,"

"Well, he's the keeper of the heart,"

"Really?"

"Yeah, but stay in the tent. I got to go. If they see you, then you're leverage against me," She nods and runs into the tent. I use magic to change my clothes to look like a lost boy, and materialize a couple yards in the forest from the beach. Henry starts running after Greg and Tamara had died - special thanks to the shadow. I catch up to him and pull him behind a bush as the boys run past us.

"Wow. Thanks," he says.

"No problem,"

"W-Who are you?"

"I was a lost boy, but I escaped. They're looking for me, too,"

"Why would they want you?"

"Pixie Dust," I say, holding a small tube of it, "It's the last bit. I thought I could use it to get off the island, but it doesn't work,"

"Oh. Pan sent two people after me,"

"I'm sorry. If Pan wants you, he will get you,"

"No, my family's coming to get me,"

"You really think you're the first boy to think his family's coming?"

"My family's different," Well, I end up getting him to jump off a cliff with me, using his belief, he makes us fly. I knew it. I knew he had the heart I'd been looking for. We land and he's out of breath.

"See, if you believe, anything is possible," he says

"You couldn't be more right, Henry,"

"How - How'd you know my name? I never told you,"

"Let's make it a game, a puzzle to solve,"

"You lied to me! You are a lost boy! You work for Pan!"

"Not exactly, I am Peter Pan,"

"But you told Greg and Tamara that magic was bad! You told them to destroy it, why?"

"Because I needed their help, and it is so much easier to get people to hate something, than to believe,"

"Why did you bring me here?"

"For quite some time, I've sought something extremely important. Something more elusive than the greatest of all mysteries,"

"What?"

"The heart of the truest believer and when you took that pixie dust and jumped off that cliff, you proved yourself. You are the lucky owner of that very special heart. And now, you, and it, are mine," I pull out my dagger and hold it in the air. "Come one boys!" I yell, "Let's play,"