{chapter twenty three}

Peter Pan's POV

"Skylar, are you alright?" I hear one of them say. I hear her sniff, and I can hear her sobs.

"I-I gue-ess," she chokes out.

"Why are you crying?"

"Because even with out my heart I could feel that it was broken. I could still feel the pain when I saw him,"

"I'm sorry, Skylar. But you can still come with us, you can still help us,"

"No. I told you. Betraying Pan means betraying the lost boys and I'm not turning my back on them,"

"Okay. You sure you don't want to come to our camp, at least?"

"I'm sure," they sigh and walk out. I go inside her tent and put the protection spell back up, but much stronger this time. I sit on her bed with her and wipe away the last of her tears. She smiles at me and I gently rub her back.

"You okay, hun?"

"I don't know..."

"What's wrong, baby?"

"I'm... I'm just scared, Peter..."

"Of what?"

"That they're gonna win..."

"They're not. I'm here to stay baby, I promise," I say, hugging her tight. I lay down when I pull away.

"I feel like we've earned a nap," I say. She smiles and shakes her head. She lays down to face me.

"You need to go wrangle the lost boys. You need to get Henry to hear the music. You need his heart,"

"But you're a lot more enjoyable than Henry. All he does is complain. 'Let me Go', 'Feed me', 'Where is my family?'," She laughs.

"Go, Peter," I sigh and kiss her. I get up and materialize back at camp.

* * *

Skylar's POV

After Peter leaves, I just pace around my tent. I pick up a book and read it. Before Snow comes back.

"Skylar?" She calls. I go out of my tent, while still in the protection spell.

"What do you want?" I ask.

"Skylar. I really think you should one back with us. You won't betray the lost boys, I'll make sure of it, but you'll be safer at our camp, and you won't have to see him at our camp,"

"I really think I should stay here," I say, "can't you guys just respect my decision?"

"We do. It's just. We want you to be safe. If you ever don't, just know you can always come to us. I just hate seeing you be alone,"

"It's quite relaxing, actually. Have you seen this view? It's breathtaking!" I say.

"It is beautiful. Okay, fine. Come to me if you need anything,"

"Sure thing, snow," she smiles at me before turning and walking away.