Take Me To Church

Today was the day the neighbours were coming over from down the street. I was almost down curling my hair as golden sat on the toilet seat. That dog is don't normal, he watched me curl my hair.

I wore a white dress with lace, a brown belt around the waist. Brown boots that stopped right under my knees. I dig in my draws to find the star necklace and earrings that Darien my ex-boyfriend gave me.

I grabbed a brown bag that matched my boot and my belt. I put some make up and of course my phone just in case. The dinner was downstairs, but you never know what might happen.

I walked out of the bathroom and to my body mirror. I admired myself, I was actually finally pretty. I heard a knock on my door, "come in." I yelled. The person came in as I turned around to se William. "Wow you're beautiful." William said, "thanks all it took was make up and a new wardrobe." I said, "nah you were always beautiful all you had to do was believe you were."

"Thanks will, that means a look coming from you." I smiled, "oh Um the Skye's are here." He said. "K. I'm coming." I said and walked out of my room and down the stairs with will beside me.

We walked into the living room to see every body including the Skye's. "Oh darling there you are." My mom said and grabbed me. "This is my daughter Kayla and my only son Will." My mom said. "Wow, you're gorgeous." Mrs. Skye said, "that she is." And older boy said.

I looked at him. "Oh this is Robert my oldest son, then we have Daniel- where's Daniel." Wait was she talking about Daniel Daniel or. "Yeah mom I'm here." I heard him say, it was Daniel. "This is Daniel." She said happily.

"Hey Kayla." Daniel waved, he looked dashing. Is hair gelled back, we wore a tux with dress shoes. "Oh, wait she's the girl you spilled Starbucks on. Oh my god this is priceless." Robert started to laugh with the rest. Mrs Skye hit him behind the head "don't embarrass your brother, JJ, joejoe stop laughing." Mrs. Skye said sternly.

"Ok dinner is done." My little sister said, she was just so cute. Everybody walked into the dinning room.

All of us sat around the table, I sat in between Will and Jess. Everybody talked with each other.

Daniel sat in front of me, we share glances once in awhile as our family's talked. Robert talked with Will, Jess and Rebecca, JJ and JoeJoe, my parents and his parents. We just shared glances and smiles. I felt a nudge on my left were Will sat, I looked at him.

"You like Daniel." He whispered, I shrugged.

After talking with Will about Daniel my phone started to ring. Everybody looked at me, I reached in my bag and grabbed. I looked at it to she Darien was calling me, my mother gave me a stern look. 'Darien' I mouth, she expression changed. "Excuse me." I said before leaving the dinning room and into the kitchen. I picked up the phone.

K- hello
D- Kayla oh my god I missed you like crazy
K- Darien you should of called earlier I'm having dinner
D-oh I'm sorry I'll call you tomorrow
K- yeah that sounds great
D- love you bye
K- yeah bye

I hung up my phone, what was Darien doing. He was just stringing me along, I stopped doing that the day I left. We broke up because I move here, we went out for 2 months. That's how long I was in Louisiana.

"Is everything ok."  I turned around to see Daniel, "um, yeah why?" I asked looking at him. "Just making sure you're OK." He smiled, "thanks but I'm fine." I said.

We haven't even know each other for a week and he already cared. "Ah we should get back." I walked out of the kitchen and back to the dinning room. I heard footstep fallow me, it was probably Daniel.

Every one was laughing why they cleaned up. "Sweet take daniel to your room. Jess and Rebecca are going going to Jess's room." My mom said and went back to cleaning.

"OK Daniel lets go." I said, I walked up the  stairs to my room. I could here the faint steps of Daniel behind  me. I opened the door if my clean room. I cleaned it yesterday, good thing I did.

Daniel walked into it, he looked around my room. Where taylor swift, Shawn mendes, Bruno Mars, and a bunch of my favourite youtubers posters hung. "Wow." Was all he said.

"Yeah I know I'm a music geek." When I said his head snapped to my  guitar. "You play?" He asked ignoring my comment. "Yeah, that's why it's there." I said.

"Play  something." My eyes widened, he wanted me to play for him. His he crazy, I never play in front of other  people. "Um my mom doesn't like it when I  play, because golden barks." I looked at my guitar.

"Who's Golden?" Daniel asked looking confuesd. "Thats Golden." I pointed to my bed where a sleeping Golden was.

Daniel looked at him, "I have a dog, her name is Whezzy."  I sat on my bed "very interesting name for a dog" I  said.

"Yeah now can you play." He picked up my guitar. "For me." He gave me those cute puppy dog eyes, I couldn't just say no.  He put the guitar in my lap. I smiled "what song?"

Daniel smiled. "Your pick."

I shrugged and strumed the beginning of 'Take Me To Church'

"My lover's got humour" Daniel sang.

Wow his voice was amazing, I smiled at him.

"She's the giggle at a funeral"

"knows everybody's disapproval"

"I should've worshipped her sooner"

"If the heavens did speak"

"She the last true mouthpiece"

"Every Sunday's getting more bleak."

"A fresh poison each week"

"We were born sick"

"You heard them say it"

"My church offers no absolutes."

"She tells me 'worship in the bathroom'"

"The only heaven I'll be sent to"

"Is when I'm alone with you"

"I was born sick, I love it"

"Command me to be well"

"Amen. Amen. Amen. Amen."

I took a deep breath as I was ready to sign the next line.

"Take me to church" I sang as Daniel stopped as his eyes grew wide.

"I'll worship like a dog at the shrine of your lies"

"I'll tell you my sins and you can sharpen your knife"

"Offer me that deathless death" Daniel sang with me as he got use to my voice.

"Good god, let me give you my life"

I set my guitar beside me in the bed, we still sang as we nested each other.

"Take me to church"

"I'll worship like a dog at the shrine of your lies"

our forehead we against each other, out hearts beating fast.

"I'll tell my sins and you can sharpen your knife" his hands on my neck.

"Offer me that deathless death." Our lips touched.

***************
My own story just made me believe in love at first sight, now that is flipping crazy.

Stay you because you're amazingly beautiful😘😃