❦ Chapter 2 - Shocking News

Hehe, well, since I'm getting a lot of positive comments for this story already, here's a second chapter as a gift.

Thank you guys!! ♡

~~~~~

*Jinxx*

"Look, what do you need to tell me that is so important? I have a signing to get to and I hate being absent from those, Vicki," I said. "Especially with the fucked up immune system I got."

Apparently, a woman I hooked up with 15 years ago at some party in my last year of high school is here and apparently needed to tell me something.

Victoria Hayes was the biggest junkie in the school.

"Oh, relax, its not like anyone's going anywhere," she said as we stepped outside, and she takes out a joint and smokes it.

"Okay, what's up?" I asked.

"That night, at the party," she sighed. "The condom broke."

I scrunched my eyebrows. "Wait, what are you getting at?"

She just rolled her eyes. "Her name is, or was, Melody," She said, coughing and rubbing her white stained nostrils with the back of her hand.

My eyes widen. "We have a kid?!"

"Had," she snapped, letting smoke out into the air.

"What, did she die?!" I asked.

"No, she didn't. She.... I dumped her in an orphanage a month after she was born," she groaned.

I looked at her in shock, then shook my head. "Okay, back up. You come here, drugged up and smoking a fucking blunt, to tell me that I possibly have a daughter with you and that you abandoned her in an orphanage?!"

"She wouldn't stop crying!" she protested.

I looked at her in shock. "Are you even sure that kid is mine?" I asked.

"Let's see, I lose my virginity to you, I have a fat belly for 9 months and was in the hospital twice from a detox flu and then she was born. I am pretty sure she can't be anyone else's," she snapped sarcastically.

"Unbelievable," I said, sliding my hands down my face. "But why are you telling me."

"What, a father can't know where his daughter is, you deadbeat?" she asked.

"DEADBEAT?! YOU NEVER TOLD ME I HAVE A KID AND YOU GAVE HER AWAY AFTER A MONTH OF BEING IN THIS WORLD!!!" I shouted as the door opened

"Whoa, whoa, what's with the yelling?" Jake said as he walked out. "The entire venue can hear you, Jinxx. And who's this?"

"I went to school with her, she...." I sighed. "She says I have a kid."

His eyes widen. "Well... To think i had my money on Ashley for that one."

"I'm serious, but, I don't know if she's telling the truth or not, and we're in the middle of tour, and won't be in Iowa for another week," I said. "She said she left the kid in an orphanage."

"Then, if you feel this is important, call up your mom or Travis or Autumn and tell them what's up," Jake said.

Its not a bad idea... I'll do it tonight.

"Okay then. I'll have a DNA test when we get to Iowa if they decide to get her," I said.

"Keep her if you want, but leave me out of it," Vicki snapped, and walked off.

"Where are you going?" I asked. "She's your kid, too."

"I gave her up for a reason," she snapped. "Leave me out of this, do what you want with her. She can rot in that orphanage for all I care, but don't get me involved. Rather she be happy than disappointed anyway."

And with that, she stormed off into the night.

"Dang... What a bitch..." Jake said.

"Jake, please, for now, don't tell the others," I sighed, pinching the bridge of my nose.

"Don't worry, dude. Its just between you and me. Besides, I'm not losing my $50 yet," he said, patting my back as I couldn't help but chuckle.

"But what are you gonna do?" he asked.

I looked at him and sighed quietly. "If she's telling the truth, I'm gonna look for the girl. If she really is mine... I'm gonna raise her," I said.

"Did that chick give a name, though?" He asked. "Anything to search for the kid?"

It took a moment to remember it, but I did.

"Her name is Melody."

~~~~~~

Picture: Jinxx

Should I continue?? ^.^=