❦ Chapter 30 - Acceptance

*Melody*

I sat at the dining table with Alice days later. I had finally come out and told her about me and Tahlia, and how I like girls.

She did not shun me, and was very supportive of me and Tahlia, which I am glad for. I'm a little nervous though to tell my father, but Alice said she will stay by my side.

"Are you sure he won't be upset?" I asked.

"Love, of course he won't be upset. He loves you, and he's a very accepting man," Alice assured. 

I took a deep breath and nodded as soon we heard his car pull up.

"Ready?" she asked.

I nodded and took a deep breath as the door opened and my father walked in.

"Hey girls," he said, kissing Alice on the lips before hugging me and kissing the top of my head. "Everything alright?"

"Yes, we're fine," Alice nodded. "Just that, Melody wanted to tell you something."

He furrowed his brows before nodding. "Umm, okay," he said.

He took a seat between us as I took a deep breath.

"You alright, sweetheart?" my father asked me. "What's going on?"

"Well... Ummm........" I said shyly. "Lately, I.... ummm...."

"Its okay," Alice assured.

I took a deep breath and calmed myself before I spoke.

"Well.... I found out something about myself recently," I said. "But I'm scared of what you'll say..."

"Oh, sweetheart," he said, sitting down. "Whatever it is, I'm sure it isn't so bad."

I pursed my lips and just went and said it.

"I like girls," I confessed.

His eyes widen a little in surprise. "Really?"

I nodded.

"So... in terms... Would you identify yourself as lesbian or as bisexual?" He asked.

"Lesbian," I told him honestly. "Boys never caught my attention in that way, unlike girls do."

He nodded in understanding.

"Are you upset?" I asked.

"Upset? Why would I be upset, sweetie?" He asked, confused.

"Well.... Most parents get mad when their son or daughter comes out..." she said.

"Well," he said, reaching over and holding my hands. "I'm not one of those parents. Love and gender are completely different things. That whole 'God made Adam and Eve' thing is bullshit if you ask me."

I sighed with relief.

"You have every right to love whoever you want, Melody. Don't even listen to people who tell you otherwise," I said. "They're just jealous because your kind of love is more unique than their own."