❦ Chapter 50 - New Companions

*Alice*

A few months has passed since we found out we were having a boy and things have been going well.

Melody finished school and will be starting Senior Year soon.

She's also looking into colleges, and there is even a possibility she is eligible for a scholarship to The Juilliard School.

She is, however, nervous about leaving home, especially to a school all the way across the country, so she's looking at schools in the West Coast, to at least stay nearby.

Mystic Blood has been pretty successful after some songs were finally finished and released, and the feedback was amazing.

Black Veil Brides will be leaving for the final Warped Tour run soon. Melody will be going as well to introduce Mystic Blood to everyone.

Her and Jeremy are worried about leaving me alone at home, even though I'll be staying with Inna. I'm guessing its because their run ends mid-July and that's a bit around the time the baby is due, which is in about 2 months.

I am a little nervous, too, but I know Jeremy and Melody wouldn't miss this for the world.

I wish I was there with them but my OB/GYN suggested it was best I avoid travel for the meantime until the baby arrives.

I finished eating my bowl of fruit as I continued reading through the mother-to-be website my sister told me about, Melody practicing in the studio when Jeremy came in, box in hand.

"You got it?" I asked excitedly.

"Yeah," he smiled as he placed a decorative bow on the box. "Let me get her downstairs. Melody! Mind coming over here?"

We hear the violin music continue for a little before stopping.

"Coming!" she called down as I stood up, Jeremy helping me, and stayed next to him as Melody then entered the kitchen.

"Yes?" She asked.

"Melody," he smiled, going over to hold her hands. "I've been talking with your mother and we thought it would be a good idea that, in the case we are ever too occupied, whether it be because of the baby or work or whatever, you would have something to keep you company."

"Like what?" She asked, tilting her head.

"Come see," he said, and motioned her over to the box.

Curious, she walked over and observed the box.

"Go on, open it," I encouraged.

She smiled shyly before untying the bow and then opening the box, her eyes widening.

"Oh my god," she said in awe before carefully reaching in and pulling the furless little pink kitten out and into her arms as he mewled at her.

"Look at you," she said as she held him gently. "He's so strange with no fur."

"He's a sphynx cat. They're born like that. Considering how you're into strange, exotic animals, we thought you might like this little guy," Jeremy smiled. "He was a rescue unfortunately. The mother passed away during birth and the owner couldn't keep all the kittens so she gave them to the shelter. He'll have to be fed by formula, but he's already had his shots and is cleared."

The small kitten kept meowing, as if wanting all of Melody's attention, and Melody giggled as she cuddled him.

"You're so precious," she smiled, then looked up at us. "Mother, Father, thank you so much."

She walked over and hugged us, and we hugged her back.

"Meeeeeeeewwww!" a shrilling little mewl echoed the room and we looked to see the kitten moving in Melody's arms, and we couldn't help but laugh.