❦ Chapter 23 - I Love You

*Jinxx*

We waited by the school entrance for Melody alongside with Tahlia's mother and father and sister, the parents of her other friends.

Soon we saw the kids exit and I spot Meldoy's group exit and we waved them over.

Melody smiled as they all ran over and I caught Melody in my arms as she slammed into me.

"I know you'd make it somehow! I was so scared at first but I knew you would be here!!" She said as she clung to me.

I laughed and hugged her. "I wouldn't miss it for the world, sweetheart."

"You kids did amazing!" Tahlia's mother said as she hugged her daughter.

"Hey, these two girls definitely got a future in Ultra, because they killed it!" CC said as he pointed at the twins.

"Thanks!" They said as their father hugged them.

"This guy here was smooth on his feet though," Evan said.

"What can I say? I had a beautiful young lady on the violin dancing along," he smiled.

I glared at him and he noticed.

"B-But, very, v-very talented as well," he said, trying to avoid possible murder as the girls laughed at him.

"Hey, if its alright, I'm taking Rupert and Elias out for dinner at a nearby Ruby Tuesday to celebrate. You kids are welcomed to tag along," Rupert's mom said, standing alongside Julio's mom and dad.

All the kids immediately turned to ask their parents, who immediately said yes and gave them money even though Rupert's mother said she was offering to pay for their meal.

"Melody, are you gonna go with them?" Alice asked.

"But... My father just came back and I wanted to spend time with him," she said nervously.

"Oh, don't worry about me, Mel," I said. "Its your night, go have fun with your friends."

"But.... Don't you have to go back?" She frowned.

"Not til tomorrow afternoon," I shrugged, then leaned in. "But the company doesn't know that yet."

She giggled. "Bad," she said.

"Don't worry, I'll still be home when you come back and we can all have a movie night. Your pick. Deal?" I said, taking out some cash for food just in case and placing it in her hand while Jake took her bag for her.

She hesitated, but then nodded. "Alright. But I'll be back soon."

"Counting on it," I smiled.

She leaned in and kissed my cheek before hugging me.

"I love you," she smiled.

"I love you, too," I said, hugging her back as she then hugged Alice and the others, then running up to Tahlia so they can catch up as they waved goodbye at everyone.

"Your daughter sure is going places with that violin of her, Mister Ferguson," Tahlia's mother greeted.

I smiled. "Thank you.... She definitely is... And I'm proud of that."

"Hey, so, what are we gonna do about this shuttle!?" Andy called out as we turned to see it still parked where we left it.

We all looked at CC for that.

"What!? They'll find it!!" He protested and the band  I laughed as the girls rolled their eyes and the parents looked a little confused.

~~~~~

A bit short but its to prepare for the next chapters.

🎹Currently in Sapph's playlist:

P!nk "Just Like Fire"

♡~ sapphire.