❦ Chapter 6 - Meeting

[Jinxx's POV]

We were finally in Iowa, and me and Jake drove to my house, the others just at the mall.

"So, you ready?" Jake asked.

I sighed. "Yeah."

I knocked on the door and my mom answered.

"Jinxx, its so good to see you," my mom greeted excitedly.

"Hey Mom," I smiled as we hugged and then she hugged Jake as we walked in.

"So how's the tour so far?" she asked.

"Pretty good so far and.... Wow, what smells good?" Jake said.

She laughed. "Well, Melody helped me cook a little."

My eyes widen a little. "Speaking about her... where is she?"

"She should be in the music room. Jinxx, I'm going to be honest, there's no doubt she's your daughter. She's so much like you," she said. "She's even a music prodigy, self taught. She plays like you."

My eyes widen. "A prodigy?"

"Go see for yourself," she said.

"Go ahead. I'm hungry," Jake said, obviously not being able to resist the smell of the food anymore.

.... Then again.... I don't blame him. It does smell good.

I walked over, hearing... a violin?

I slowly open the door and see a young petite girl facing a sheet stand, back towards me, as she played what I realized was Overture.

Autumn told me she didn't even know who BVB. Unless she found some of my music sheets.

The way she played it..... It sounded like she knew it by heart.

Once she was done she sat down to read more, and I walked up.

"Hey," I said.

A small little gasped escaped her as she turned, and I was immediately met with a pair of blue eyes similar to mine.

"Hello, you... You must be the man I've see in those posters," she smiled kindly. "The man who Miss Autumn says is gonna adopt me."

I chuckled. "Yeah, That's me," I said.

"Its nice to meet you," She greeted. "My name is Melody."

"Jeremy, but I go by Jinxx," I smiled as we shook hands. "Nice to meet you, too. I noticed you played one of my compositions."

"I hope its alright. I finished helping your mom and decided to find something new to play. You're an amazing composer, by the way," she said.

Huh... Maybe she is mine...

"Hehe, thank you," I said. "You play it well. Is that your first time playing that song?"

"Yes, actually, I found it in the shelf over there near a Mozart booklet, and decided to give it a try," she explained, motioning to the violin.

"May I?" I asked, motioning to it.

"Oh, of course," she said, getting her violin and handing it to me

A regular old Primavera, had a few scratches unfortunately, but nonetheless seemed in good condition and by what I've head from here a few minutes ago, played great. Was tuned fine and everything.

"Where did you get this? A gift?" I asked, curious.

The foster home took us to a flea market as a field trip when I was 8. I saw it with a bunch of guitars and trumpets and begged the headmistress to buy it for me. I've pretty much mastered with just a book that came with it and occasional instruction videos," she said.

"Well, I got to say, you are really talented," I smiled.

"Thank you. I mean, since you also play, is it alright to ask you if I need to improve anything?" she asked. "You seem like an expert."

I shrugged. "Everything is great, but just be sure to keep that elbow up, and back straight. Makes your listeners think you're strong and really focused," he said. "Posture and stance is very important."

"Wow. Thank you so much," she smiled happily.

"No problem. What's say we both get to know more about each other over lunch?" I asked.

"Sure," she said, placing her violin in its case, locking it with some antique looking key she had around her neck with a black chord string, and then following me out.

~~~~~~

Picture: Melody's key necklace

FEEDBACK!! ^.^=