❦ Chapter 15 - Vintage Gifts

Title changed to The Violinist's Joy

~~~~~

[Melody's POV]

Today is the day I get to meet Alice. While my father went to pick her up at the airport, I stayed at home to tidy up the house for her arrival.

Once I was done, I showered and got dressed in a simple white casual dress and a denim jacket with boots.

(Picture: outfit that Melody wears, minus the hat)

I do a fishtail braid down my shoulder before I heard the door open, Mao going over to greet whoever arrived.

I walked over and saw as my father walked in with a beautiful blonde haired woman, Alice.

"Here we are," Dad said, then spotted me. "Ah, here she is. Melody, come say hello."

I walked over after Alice finished greeting Mao and smiled at me.

"Oh, well you must be Melody," She greeted me in a gentle British accent.

"I am. Its nice to finally meet you, Miss Alice," I smiled as we hugged.

"Oh, just Alice is fine. Its nice to meet you, too, sweetie. Your father has told me so much about you," Alice smiled.

"He has also told me about you, too," I said.

"Good things I hope," she chuckled.

"Nothing but. Now, how about we get you settled and get to know each other more over lunch?" Dad said.

"I already started a kettle to make tea. I hope its alright," I said.

"Oh, Mel, you didn't have to trouble yourself over that," Dad said.

"Its fine, really. Something for lunch," I smiled, feeling a littlw bashful.

"Well, then thank you," Alice said. "You know, I actually have a gift for you. I'll go and get it, alright?" she said.

"You're too kind," I smiled.

"Nonesense. You'll love it. Be right back," she smiled as we went our seperate ways.

I finished the tea and got the tea bags and cups with the pot, along with some sandwiches Dad bought that I had finished heating in the oven, getting everything set in the living room  and soon we were all seated and talking.

She would tell me about her travels across Europe and other countries, the shows she performed in, and everything she's practically done. To meet someone who's even danced in Broadway is just amazing.

"Now, this I found while I was touring a little shopping street in Paris with some friends," she said, handing me a medium sized jewelry box. "Your dad told me about you loving antiques and oddities, but I figured you might like this."

I smiled and opened it and smiled in awe.

"A cameo locket," I said. "You shouldn't have."

(Picture of locket)

(Picture of locket)

"Wow," Dad said.

"Well, go on, try it on," Alice giggled as I took it from the box and she helped me put it on.

I smiled as I looked down at it.

"Beautiful," She smiled.

"This is too kind, thank you Alice," I said as we hugged.

"Aw, its no problem," She said.

We then continued to talk, the day passing by pretty quick before we all started to get ready to go out for dinner.

[Jinxx's POV]

We finished washing up the kitchen, and Melody soon finished putting everything away and Alice spoke.

"You said she was extraordinary, but she seems more than that, Jeremey," she said.

I smiled. "Yeah, she is," I smiled.

"And you're sure about her?" she asked. "I mean, of course she looks like you, is a lot like you, but I just want to know if you're positive yourself."

"100 percent. We get the results in a few days, though, so we'll verify it by then," I said.

She nodded. "I'm glad you found her. She didn't deserve being being abandoned like that, much less an awful mother like the one you described to me," She said.

I sighed. Yeah, she... She was definitely not ready to be a mom..." I said. "But something's been eating at me ever since she told me, especially after I found Melody," I said.

"What is it?" she asked.

I pursed my lips. "Why now?"

Alice scrunched her eyebrows. "What do you mean?"

"Why wait almost fifteen years to tell me?" I said. "I just find it strange that she would tell me after all this time."

Alice quietly thought about it. "It does sound rather strange..."

"I want to ignore it so that Vicky won't ever be back in Melody's life, but.... Its just gnawing at me for some reason," I said.

"I'm sure its just nerves. I mean, you just found out you have a child," Alice said. "A little girl to call your daughter

I smiled. "Yeah..."

"Exactly. Its a lot to take in, yeah, but this is still something great," she smiled.

I smiled back. "You always know what to say," I smiled.

She smiled as we shared a kiss and then Melody came in.

"Hey. I'm ready," she smiled.

"Awesome. We're about to finish up,"I said.

Soon we finished up and left for dinner.

~~~~~

Picture: Alice Mogg & Jinxx ♡

I could have done better with this chapter, but I'm kind of running out of ideas.

Anyone got any ideas on what I can include to the next chapter? Let me know in the comments, it could really help! :)

♡~ sapphire.