❦ Chapter 14 - A Day In Town

[Jinxx's POV]

The next day we went to the clinic and got the tests done, being told they should be arriving in 2 weeks tops.

"So, what are we going to do now?" Melody asked as we walked out, her balancing on a nearby parking marker.

"Hmm... Not sure. Everyone is pretty busy relaxing from tour at the moment," I said. "How about we visit Venice Beach for a bit?" 

"What's it like?" she asked.

"Pretty cool, actually. There's even a freak show attraction," I said.

"Wow, really?" she asked, surprised.

"Yeah. Wanna check it out?" I asked.

"I'd love to!" she gleamed.

I laughed and held my hand out. "Milady?"

She giggled and took my hand, hopping off the parking marker and we ran off to my car to get going.

~~~

"Come on, come all! Welcome to the Venice Beach Freakshow!" a man said as we stood at the entrance.

"When do we go in?" Melody asked curiously as she looked up at me.

"I think in a bit," I said as I looked over.

Soon the man finished his announcements and allowed some sort of sword swallowing act, which really amazed Melody, where other girls who appeared to be her age were disgusted or shocked.

It was then after the performance that they let everyone in. I held Melody close so she wouldn't get lost in the crowd.

We looked at a lot of artifacts and oddities that decorated the rooms and halls. Melody seemed fascinated by all the artifacts, including the animals.

"Dad, look. The lizard has two heads," she said, pointing at a tank.

I looked in and was surprised to see the two headed lizard.

"Wow," I said.

"So many spiders, too," I said.

"Do you think I can hold one?" she asked.

"I don't think they allow it," I said.

"Aw," she said, but shrugged.

We continued looking around, meeting people like the tallest man, the bearded lady whose name is Jessa (who apparently Melody made good friends with), and many others before the show began and we went to the theater area.

First act was of a blonde man named Morgue.

"He has the same make up you do," Melody smiled.

I looked and realized he did. "Hehe, yeah," I smiled.

He did a very interesting act of swallowing an 8-ball and then bringing it back up, as well as some regurgitation act involving a strange sort of gag and lots of water with red dye.

Multiple people passed out from his acts, even I almost did. However, Melody was fearless and had a look on her face as if she was enjoying a performance at the circus.

Soon, there was an electric lady act as well as some sword swallowing acts and soon the sow had ended.

"Wow, that was crazy," I laughed.

"You almost fainted," she giggled.

"I did not," I argued with a laugh.

She laughed playfully as she got up from her seat.

"Hello," a voice spoke and we turned to see the girl from the electric lady acct, along with the Morgue guy, a guy with a billion piercings, a little woman, and a normal looking kid.

"Hi. We really enjoyed the performance," Melody greeted.

"Thank you guys so much," the girl said. "But we couldn't help but notice... You're from Black Veil Brides, right?"

"Oh, uh, yeah. Jinxx," I greeted.

"See?! I told you!" the girl smiled.

"Alright, you were right, Asia," the regular looking guy laughed.

"I take it your fans," I laughed.

"Yeah, we're big fans of your band," the girl, Asia, said. "I'm Asia, and this is Morgue, Ali, Creature, and my brother Phoenix."

"Nice to meet you. This is Melody, my daughter," I introduced.

"No way, you're a dad?" Creature asked as they all looked surprised.

"Its a long story, but yes," I smiled. "But just keep it on the low for a little while if you can."

"You can trust us," Asia smiled.

"Say, can we get a picture with you guys?" Phoenix asked.

I looked at Melody, who shrugged. "I don't mind," she said.

We all got together and had a photo, even let Melody paint my eye so (as an idea she and Asia conjured up), a photo alongside Morgue while holding an Ouija board and a black top hat on my head.

Yeah, that's definitely one for the history books.

They even let Melody hold a few of the exotic animals before we said our goodbyes and left to get something to eat.

"That was so exciting!' she giggled as we strolled down the street to the nearby diner.

"I'm glad you had fun," I chuckled. "And you sure have a strong gut, too. Never fainted even fro that regurgitation act."

"It mostly fascinated me how he was able to do that. Plus, he was very intelligent with the facts he shared with us," she smiled.

"Yeah, pretty philosophical and spot on," I said.

We soon arrived to the diner and had some dinner before heading back home.

"Today was fun. Thank you," Melody smiled.

I smiled back. 'Its nothing. So long as you're happy."

She looks over at me and smiles. "I am."

I smiled. "Great."

I think I'm really gonna enjoy being a dad.

~~~

Okay, so I was actually watching Freakshow while writing this, so I decided to include them in this chapter. :)

You guys enjoying this story? Let me know what you think so far! 

♡~ sapphire.